MMO, FPS, RPG
Destiny 2 is the title for the upcoming sequel to the shared-worlds FPS Destiny, set for release in 2017 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 platforms. Work began on the game in November 2014, just after the release of the original game. The game was reportedly rebooted in May of 2016.
Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
Destiny 2 will reportedly include a new Patrol zone on Mars, a location which was originally planned for The Taken King, but was cut due to time and resource constraints. Bungie has also resolved to make Destiny 2 feel like a proper sequel and not just a large cut of DLC, meaning that old planets, characters, weapons, armor, shaders and emblems, as well as  activities and microtransaction purchases will be left behind. Bungie is also planning to institute a change to the Patrol missions in the form of "play-in destinations" — a new activity model that will revamp how the world functions, with the goal of making planet areas feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more like a traditional open-world MMO, and interesting than the standard, single-function patrol missions given in Destiny.
The game will feature downloadable content, but those are going to be released after the base game. Players who have not pre-ordered Destiny 2 with the corresponding special editions will have to purchase the expansions seperately.
Character aesthetics such as face, sex, markings, etc. will be preserved and carried over, as long as those characters have both reached Level 20 and have completed The Black Garden Story mission, and "veteran accounts" will be given "honors that reflect their Destiny 1 accomplishments", although the specifics as to what those rewards will be are still to be released and confirmed. Power, possessions, currencies, and Eververse-related items will not be carried over.
- ^ a b Kotaku - The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny
- ^ a b c Kotaku - Sources: Destiny 2 Coming To PC, Aims To Feel Like A Totally New Game
- ^ a b Bungie.net - This Week At Bungie – 02/11/2016
- ^ GameSpot - "Destiny 2" in the Works
- ^ GameSpot - Destiny 2 "Rebooted" - Report
- ^ a b Polygon - Watch the first teaser for Destiny 2
- ^ a b YouTube - Destiny 2 – “Rally the Troops” Worldwide Reveal Trailer
- ^ DestinytheGame.com - The World of Destiny 2
- ^ a b c Bungie.net - The Road Ahead
- ^ Polygon - Destiny 2 still on track for 2017 release
- ^ a b GameSpot - Your Destiny Character's Levels And Items Won't Transfer To Destiny 2