Destiny 2 is the tentative title for the upcoming sequel to Destiny, set for release in 2017 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 platforms. Work began on the game in November 2014. The game was reportedly rebooted in May of 2016.
Destiny 2 will reportedly include a new Patrol zone on Mars, a location which was originally planned for The Taken King, but was cut due to time and resource constraints. Bungie has also resolved to make Destiny 2 feel like a proper sequel, meaning that old planets, characters, and activities may be left behind, though these design decisions have not yet been finalized. Apart from being unable to carry old characters over, Bungie may also institute another change to Patrol missions in the form of "play-in destinations" — a new activity model that will revamp how the world functions, with the goal of making planet areas feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more interesting than the patrol missions given in Destiny.
The game will feature downloadable content.
- ^ a b Kotaku - The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny
- ^ a b c Kotaku - Sources: Destiny 2 Coming To PC, Aims To Feel Like A Totally New Game
- ^ a b Bungie.net - This Week At Bungie – 02/11/2016
- ^ GameSpot - "Destiny 2" in the Works
- ^ Gamespot - Destiny 2 "Rebooted" - Report
- ^ Polygon - Destiny 2 still on track for 2017 release