From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "A Stormcaller's lightning awaits release. So release it on the Darkness. Show the universe how your Light can burn down armies."
- — Ikora Rey
Stormcaller is an Arc-based Warlock subclass. It was introduced in The Taken King.
For Stormcallers to use lightning, it requires meditation, to focus and draw on the static within, Arc lies within all life, to feel it take hold and flow through the Warlock, but not to be consumed by it, to be a conduit that connects sky and earth, electricity and matter, life and death, they become a living weapon, turning one's inner lightning outward to a battle can change it. Ikora Rey said that the trademark to a Stormcaller technique is to project and redirect Arc energy as a way to find more lightning bolts to throw. There is also a difference between the raging fury of the Stormtrance and the control of nature a Stormcaller which exercises when pulling down the sky. A Stormcaller is the eye of their own storm, and their lightning reaches out to everything in front of them.
The hurricane battered me with a ferocity beyond any foe I had met, battered harder than the roiling chaos in my mind that drove me here, to the ends of the system, in search of—
"Calm," whispered the Voidwalker. "Burn!" roared the Sunsinger. All I could hear was the impassive voices of my teachers, encouraging me (ordering me?) to find my path, find it soon, no matter the risk, because we can never know when it will all be taken away again, when the storm will overtake us. Words, buffeting me like the hail that pelted my face as I pushed through the howling winds, forced my way through to the eye of—
The stillness of the hurricane's eye prickled my skin and brought with it realization. We don't have to choose between the calm and the storm. In fact, to have either, we must have both.
That was the day I first called the storm.
Upgrades (Destiny 1)
- "Harmony within, hurricane without."
- — Class Description
Tier 1 - Grenades
- Pulse Grenade—a grenade that periodically damages enemies inside its explosion radius
- Storm Grenade—a grenade that calls down a focused lightning storm
- Arcbolt Grenade—a grenade that chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
Tier 2 - Movement
- Glide—jump and then press again while in the air to activate Glide
- Focused Control—upgrades Glide for better directional control while in the air
- Focused Burst—upgrades Glide to provide an initial boost of speed
- Balanced Glide—upgrades Glide to provide bonuses to both speed and control
Tier 3 - Super
- Stormtrance—chain Arc Lightning from your hands
- Landfall—on casting Stormtrance, fire a bolt of lightning into the ground, creating a devastating shockwave under you
- Superconductor—doubles your Stormtrance lightning's chaining capabilities
- Ionic Blink—press L3 to teleport during Stormtrance
Tier 4 - Melee
- Thunderstrike—deliver an electrocuting Arc melee strike at extended range
- Chain Lighting—your Thunderstrike chains to another nearby enemy
- Amplitude—your Thunderstrike has greater range
- Rising Storm—hits with Thunderstrike charge your Super, Ability and melee energy
Tier 5 - Training 1
- Arcane Wisdom—training focused on battle recovery and speed
- Arcane Spirit—training focused on battle recovery and toughness
- Arcane Force—training focused on toughness and speed
Tier 6 - Perks 1
- Pulsewave—when critically wounded, trigger a Pulsewave that boosts speed for you and your allies
- Feedback—incoming melee attacks fully recharge and intensify your Thunderstrike
- Transcendence—when cast with full grenade and melee energy, Stormtrance restores your health to full and drains slower
Tier 7 - Training 2
- Ancestral Order—training focused on all attributes
- Chaos Order—training focused on raw speed
- Divine Order—training focused on toughness at all costs
Tier 8 - Perks 2
- Electrostatic Mind—Stormtrance charges faster when allies are near. When Stormtrance is active, nearby enemies take damage
- Arc Web—enemies damaged by your grenades chain deadly lightning to nearby enemies
- Perpetual Charge—grenade kills recharge your melee. Melee kills recharge your grenade
Upgrades (Destiny 2)
- Arcbolt Grenade: Chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
- Pulse Grenade: Continuously damages enemies in its radius.
- Storm Grenade: Calls forth a focused lightning bolt.
- Healing Rift: A well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift: A well of Light that increases the weapon damage of those inside it.
- Balanced Glide: Glide gets bonuses to both control and speed.
- Burst Glide: Upgrades Glide for strong speed boosts.
- Controlled Glide: Glide gets better directional control.
- Stormtrance: Chain Arc lightning to enemies from your hands.
Attunement of Conduction
- Chain Lightning: A longer-ranged melee attack that chains lightning to one other enemy.
- Transcendence: Stormtrance restores health and lasts longer when cast with full melee and grenade energy.
- Arc Web: Grenades chain lightning to nearby enemies upon detonation.
- Ionic Blink: Sprinting during Stormtrance causes the player to Blink.
Attunement of Elements
- Gale Force: A longer-ranged melee attack that recharges Super, grenade and Melee energy.
- Rising Storm: Rifts charge faster when nearby allies.
- Arc Soul: Rifts now grant an Arc Soul to aid whoever uses it in battle.
- Landfall: Summons a lightning bolt upon casting Stormtrance, creating a shockwave.
Attunement of Control
- Chaos Reach: A spin on Stormtrance which produces a beam of arc energy which destroys enemies in its path. It can be deactivated to save super energy, but you will lose some.
- Ball Lightning: A ranged melee attack which shoots out a slow moving projectile that radiates lightning.
- Ionic Trace: Killed enemies sprout spikes of arc energy, which partially refill grenade, melee, rift, and super energy when collected.
- Pulsewave: Collecting Ionic Traces while wounded gives you and nearby allies a speed boost.
Upgrades Arc 3.0 (Destiny 2: Witch Queen)
- Stormtrance: Chain Lightning from your hands to electrify targets with devastating streams of Arc Light that intensify over time. Casting Stormtrance creates a shockwave underneath you. Press (movement toggle) Teleport forward, consuming a small amount of Super energy.
- Chaos Reach: Unleash a long-range channeled beam of concentrated Arc energy. Pressing (Super Trigger) while active to deactivate your super early, saving Super energy.
- Skip grenade: A grenade which splits on impact, creating multiple projectiles which seek targets.
- Flux Grenade: An explosive grenade that attaches to targets.
- Arcbolt Grenade: A grenade that chains bolts of lightning to nearby targets.
- Pulse Grenade: A grenade that periodically damages targets within its explosion radius.
- Storm Grenade: A grenade that calls down a focused lightning storm.
- Flashbang Grenade: An explosive grenade that damages and blinds nearby targets.
- Lightning Grenade: A grenade that sticks to any surface and emits bolts of lightning.
- Chain Lightning: An extended range melee that Jolts your target and chains lightning to nearby enemies. While Amplified, it creates and additional set of chains.
- Ball Lightning: Fire an Arc projectile forward that releases a perpendicular lightning strike after a short time. While Amplified, Ball Lightning releases additional lightning strikes before detonating.
- Burst Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial boost of speed.
- Strafe Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
- Balanced Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with both moderate speed and directional control.
- Healing Rift: Conjure a well of power that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift: Conjure a well of power that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
- Electrostatic Mind (A Long-forgotten experiment that draws strange adherents. Bring to mind the products of its change.): Defeating targets with Arc abilities or defeating jolted or blinded targets creates an Ionic Trace. Collecting an Ionic Trace makes you amplified. Fragment Slots (2).
- Arc Soul (An Electric Eel poised for attack, Electrons sing at your approach. Another familiar joins your ranks): Cast your Rift to create a Arc Soul that fires at targets in front of you. Allies can pass through your rift to get an Arc Soul. Your Rift charges faster when allies are near. While amplified, your Arc Souls are supercharged and gain increased fire rate. Fragment Slots (2).
- Lightning Surge (An improvised electro-magnet, coils crudely wound. Displace and electrify, forces beckon from within you.): While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to blink forward, calling down lightning strikes that jolt targets as you rematerialize. Fragment Slots (2).
- Spark of Amplitude: Rapidly defeating targets while you are amplified creates an Orb of Power.
- Spark of Beacons: While you are amplified, your Arc Special weapon final blows create a blinding explosion.
- Spark of Brilliance: Defeating a blinded target with precision damage creates a blinding explosion. +10 Intellect.
- Spark of Discharge: Arc weapon final blows have a chance to create an Ionic Trace. -10 Strength.
- Spark of Feedback: Taking melee damage briefly increases your outgoing melee damage. +10 Resilience.
- Spark of Focus: After sprinting for a short duration, your class ability regeneration is increased. -10 Mobility.
- Spark of Frequency: Melee hits greatly increase your reload speed for a short duration.
- Spark of Ions: Defeating a jolted target creates an Ionic Trace.
- Spark of Magnitude: Your lingering Arc grenades (Lightning Grenade, Pulse Grenade, and Storm Grenade) have extended duration.
- Spark of Momentum: Sliding over ammo bricks reloads your equipped weapon and grants a small amount of melee energy.
- Spark of Recharge: While critically wounded, your melee and grenade energy regenerates more quickly.
- Spark of Resistance: While surrounded by combatants, you are more resistant to incoming damage. +10 Strength.
- Spark of Shock: Your grenades jolt targets. -10 Discipline.
- Spark of Volts: Finishers make you amplified. +10 Recovery.
- The stormtrance is inspired by the Force lightning ability from the Star Wars franchise.
List of appearances
- The Taken King (First appearance)
- Destiny 2