The Grimoire is a database within Destiny. Entries are unlocked through playing the game in the form of "Grimoire Cards." Grimoire entries do not feature in Destiny 2 as the story will be instead told in-game.
The list of Grimoire entries is sorted into six main categories—Guardian, Inventory, Allies, Enemies, Places, and Activities. Each of these categories has a number of sub-categories. Grimoire cards are earned through various ways, such as completing a Story mission or Strike, playing a match on a Crucible map, reviving a Dead Ghost, discovering a Calcified Fragment, or finding a Dormant SIVA Cluster. They are also unlocked by earning kills with specific weapon types; each rank allows upgrading that weapon type to be faster. Last but not least is a series of redeemable codes which can be inputted into Bungie's website, which unlocked cards.
A Grimoire is a textbook of magic used by spellcasters.
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- ^ Level Save - Destiny’s Alpha Portal Website is Now Live
- ^ Imgur - All Destiny Grimoire Card Art revealed
- ^ Forbes.com - Bungie Is Ditching Grimoire Cards In 'Destiny 2'
- ^ a b c VG24/7, Destiny guide: Grimoire cards