From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Strikes are the backbone of the Vanguard's response to the Darkness. Each mission is planned for maximum disruption and hindrance of enemy lines. Your Strike service directly impacts our ongoing war with the Darkness. So serve well."
- — Commander Zavala
Strike is a cooperative mode featured in Destiny. Strikes represent a middle ground in PvE content between Story missions and Raids in terms of length and difficulty, and are optimized for a fireteam of three players. Usually, Strikes are composed of a linear series of enemy encounters which may or may not include a mini-boss, culminating in a battle against one or more bosses supported by additional enemies. Some of the newer strikes feature simple puzzle mechanics that make boss fights more challenging.
As of The Taken King, Strikes have a chance to drop Strike-specific loot that can help gear players up in preparation for Raids. Playing in a Strike playlist continuously increases the chances of better loot on consecutive strikes.
Higher-level versions of each Strike are available in the Strike playlists. Entering a playlist will launch a random Strike alongside two matchmade players.
These playlists were available during Year One of Destiny, and incorporated all available base game and expansion Strikes. Playlists at higher levels offered greater rewards.
- Vanguard Eagle - Level 18
- Vanguard Viper - Level 20
- Vanguard Wolf - Level 22
- Vanguard Tiger - Level 24
- Vanguard Roc - Level 26, added by The Dark Below
- Vanguard Dragon - Level 28, added by House of Wolves
The Taken King replaces all Year One playlists with the following:
- Vanguard Legacy - Level 20 required, includes all Year One strikes only, no modifiers
- Vanguard Strikes - Level 36 required, includes Year Two and select "remixed" Year One strikes, no modifiers
- Vanguard Heroic Strikes - Light Level 260 required, includes Year Two and select "remixed" Year One strikes strikes, Heroic and one random modifier active
- The Vanguard Heroic playlist replaces the Weekly Heroic Strike; players are rewarded for the first three strikes completed in this playlist each week across all of a player's characters.
Rise of Iron's Strike playlists retain the Vanguard Legacy and Vanguard Strikes, but adds two new playlists and renames Vanguard Strikes to Taken War:
- Taken War - Completion of The Taken King Campaign required, includes Strikes from Year 2 and 3 Remastered Strikes from Year 1
- SIVA Crisis - Light Level 320 required, includes Strikes from Year One to Year Three with no modifiers.
- SIVA Crisis Heroic - Light Level 350 required; includes Strikes from Year One to Year Three; three random Heroic modifiers active per week; replaces Vanguard Heroic.
Destiny 2 features two Strike playlists apart from the Nightfall. Vanguard Strikes are unlocked after completing the Story mission Fury and returning to The Farm to speak to Commander Zavala. Heroic Strikes are unlocked after completing the first Strike milestone.
- Vanguard Strikes - Power Level 140 required, includes all Destiny 2 base game Strikes with no modifiers.
- Heroic Strikes - Power Level 350 required, includes all Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and Destiny 2: Warmind strikes with a weekly rotating elemental singe and daily rotating modifiers.
Destiny 2 features four Strike playlists apart from the Nightfall. Legacy Strikes are unlocked after completing the Story mission Fury and returning to The Farm to speak to Commander Zavala, Only for Non Forsaken Players. Level 30, Level 40, and Level 50 are unlocked after buying Forsaken. Every Playlist has modifiers.
- Legacy Strikes - Power Level 200 required, includes all Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and Destiny 2: Warmind and have daily rotation modifiers
- Level 30 Strikes - Power Level 300 required, includes all Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and Destiny 2: Warmind and have daily rotation modifiers, Disappears after Power Level 440
- Level 40 Strikes - Power Level 400 required, includes all Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris,Destiny 2: Warmind and Destiny 2: Forsaken and have daily rotation modifiers, Disappears after Power Level 540
- Level 50 Strikes - Power Level 500 required, includes all Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris,Destiny 2: Warmind and Destiny 2: Forsaken and have daily rotation modifiers
As of Shadowkeep, there is now only one Strike playlist apart from Nightfalls. This playlist incorporates all Strikes available to the player.
- Vanguard Strikes - Power Level 750 required, with a weekly rotating elemental singe and daily rotating modifiers.
No changes were made to Strike playlists in Beyond Light, except for the removal of the normal Nightfall Strikes in favour of Nightfall: The Ordeal. It incorporates all Strikes, including from expansions not owned by the player.
- Vanguard Strikes - Power Level 1050 required, with a weekly rotating elemental singe and daily rotating modifiers.[Note 1]
With the release of The Witch Queen, the Strike playlist now incorporates Battlegrounds and has become the Vanguard Ops playlist.
- Vanguard Ops - Power Level 1350 required, with a weekly rotating elemental singe and daily rotating modifiers.
- Main article: Nightfall
A random Strike is selected each week for the Nightfall Strike, a high-difficulty challenge with the Nightfall and Epic modifiers active in addition to three other randomly-chosen modifiers; after The Taken King is released, the latter three modifiers will be manually selected by Bungie each week instead of randomized. Nightfall Strikes do not include matchmaking, requiring players to fight alone or assemble a fireteam of three before starting. Rewards include Legendary and Exotic gear.
List of Strikes
- In-universe, Strike fireteams are named by a random generator. This generator must be periodically reset, or else it will produce bizarre designations such as "Babydog."
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- Destiny 2
- ^ During the initial weeks of Beyond Light's launch, the minimum Power Level was unintentionally set to 1100.
- ^ The Guardian: how the makers of Halo plan to change the future of shooters
- ^ Bungie - Destiny Update - 02/25/2015
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Lake of Shadows