Lake of Shadows
|“||Stem the tide of Taken flowing into the European Dead Zone from beneath the waves.||”|
|Lake of Shadows|
Stop the Taken from emerging into the European Dead Zone.
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
Lake of Shadows is a Strike in Destiny 2 set on Earth. It was PlayStation-exclusive until the release of Forsaken. The strike has the Guardians storm Maevic Square and the Reservoir in the EDZ to rid of a Taken infestation, which is contaminating the local water supply. The strike is directed by Zavala and Devrim Kay, and occasionally by Ikora and Asher.
- Persue the Taken,
- Destroy the Blights,
- Track the Taken,
- Find the leader,
- Defeat Grask, the Consumed.
- Taken Fracturer
- Taken Exsanguinator
- WANTED: The Navigator's Claw (Taken Wizard)
- Taken Executioner
- Taken Asphyxiator
- BOSS: Grask, the Consumed (Taken Phalanx)
- Zavala: The Taken have occupied an old water facility near your location. Not to be outdone, the Fallen are attempting to seize it from them by force.
- Devrim Kay: The Fallen are an afterthought. Whatever the Taken are doing here, they are contaminating the water supply. You don't want to see the pot of tea I made this morning.
- Zavala: Civilians are depending on you. Operation Stormcoat has begun.
- Zavala: Mobilizing fireteam for Operation, uh... Babydog? Why does this say Babydog? I must have forgotten to reboot the strike name generator.
- Devrim: Operation "Babydog?" Well, it has a certain ring to it, huh?
- Zavala: Yes... "Babydog". Well, the strike protocol is already running. Can't stop it now. Devrim?
- Devrim: Yes, sorry. Fireteam "Babydog" the Taken are polluting the EDZ. We need to determine the source of — Haha! — I'm sorry, I can't... Stand-by, fireteam.
- Devrim: One of my teams reported Taken energy infecting the water supply. Our purification tech can only do so much. If the contamination spreads, people will die.
- Ghost: Destroying the Blight destroyed the Taken miasma. This area's no longer infected.
- Devrim: Good work. There's bound to be more than one.
- Ghost: We're making good progress, but Taken energy readings are still off the charts.
- Devrim: There must be a source. The Cabal hurt us, Guardian, but the Taken could ruin the EDZ forever. Put an end to this.
- Ghost: This place is old; good thing we can't get tetanus.
- Devrim: This facility provided water for many generations. If for nothing else but principle, I'm glad you're reclaiming it.
- Ghost: They just left that unguarded...? This smells fishy to me.
- Ghost: Zavala, the Taken leader is down for the count. Surprise of the day: he was Red Legion.
- Zavala: Impossible... Oryx is long dead. There's no one left to take.
- Ghost: Ikora was telling me about a Hive tome called the Book of Sorrows. That Oryx has sisters.
- Zavala: You've both dealt with the Taken on Io. I'll consult her about this. In the meantime, excellent work. All of you.
- Can obtain The Militia's Birthright(kinetic grenade launcher) as a possible Nightfall reward.
- This strike debuted during the 2017 Sony E3 Press Conference.
- This strike features the return of the Taken in Destiny 2, and carries on with the speculation that either Savathûn or Xivu Arath have learned the ability to take.
Taken forces engage a Dawnblade.