From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
November 10th, 2020
- "The line between Light and Dark is so very thin...let's cross it together."
- — The Exo Stranger
GO BEYOND THE LIGHT.
A new power is born out of the ancient Pyramid Ship above Europa's frozen frontier, and a dark empire has risen beneath, united under the banner of the Fallen Kell of Darkness, Eramis. Join your fellow Guardians and bring down the empire at any cost – even if it means wielding the Darkness itself.
The original release date was scheduled to launch on September 22nd, 2020, however got pushed to November 10th, 2020 due to development issues brought in by the Coronavirus Pandemic. Bungie also decided to release Beyond Light on November 10th in order to help Destiny 2 become a launch title for the Xbox Series X and Series S.
- Darkness's Doorstep
- The New Kell
- Rising Resistance
- The Warrior
- The Technocrat
- The Kell of Darkness
- Sabotaging Salvation
- The Aftermath
- Stealing Stasis
- Reforging the Past
Guardian subclasses & changes
- Stasis is introduced as the first new element since Destiny. It introduces the aspect and fragment system that would be carried over into The Witch Queen expansion with the Light subclasses. The Stasis subclasses and exotic weapons were introduced in the expansion while the Stasis legendary weapons were introduced in Season of the Lost.
- Seasonal challenges are introduced in Season of the Chosen.
- Transmog is introduced in Season of the Splicer by completing bounties from Ada-1. Only 10 class-specific Synthweave can be obtained per character per season, but this cap can be bypassed by purchasing Synthweave Templates from the Eververse.
- Shaders earned in-game are permanently unlocked as part of the transmog feature being introduced.
- Players are able to play past seasonal content until the launch of the next expansion cycle.
- The H.E.L.M. is introduced as the site of seasonal vendors beginning with Season of the Chosen.
- The New Light experience is updated.
- The Monument To Lost Lights is introduced, where players can purchase Exotic weapons from past seasons and expansions currently in the DCV. Exotic Ciphers are introduced and can be earned from the season pass or by completing the Xenology quest from Xûr on weekends.
- The vendors of playlist activities replace the token system with a reputation system.
- Crossplay is available starting in Season of the Lost.
- New Gear to unlock
- New Exotics to earn
- Pre-Order bonuses include: Exotic Ghost shell, New Exclusive Emblem, Exotic Any Other Day Sparrow, First access to Exotic No Time to Explain Pulse Rifle, all seasons up to The Witch Queen.
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
- Season 12: Season of the Hunt
- Season 13: Season of the Chosen
- Season 14: Season of the Splicer
- Season 15: Season of the Lost
|Beyond Light||Succeeded by|
The Witch Queen