- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
|Political and military information|
- "(Cheerful voice) I can help you! (Apathetic voice) But I'm going to be super unpleasant about it."
Failsafe is a Golden Age Computer Core encountered by Guardian forces on the planet of Nessus. Due to damage to her mainframe, she vacillates between two very different personalities, one cheerful and helpful (despite Ghost's opinions), the other apathetic and sarcastic. She is friendly toward Guardian forces, and aids them in the assassination of Protheon, Modular Mind. Her mainframe is located within the crashed Exodus Black colony ship. She also works with Guardian forces beyond Nessus through her comms, such as how she collaborated with Asher Mir in the European Dead Zone against the Taken. Failsafe also hoped to discover what fully happened to her former crew, requesting the Guardians aid in learning their fates.
Crash of the Exodus Black
The Red War
Search for Captain Jacobson
Aiding the Vanguard
Failsafe serves as the vendor and one of the main quest givers for Nessus. She is situated in Exodus Black. Turning in Nessus tokens, Microphasic Datalattice and Quantized Datalattice increases player reputation with Failsafe and rewards Legendary faction gear, Shaders and other rewards.
- Uriel's Gift
- Shattered Peace
- Last Hope
- Agenda 5
- Out of Options
- Shepherd's Watch
- Shock and Awe
- Mos Epoch III
- "(Apathetic voice) Everyone I've ever known is dead, and their bones are dust. (Cheerful voice) I am very lonely."
- "It's not murder if it's robots!"
- "Captain, hello! Asher Mir says that I will provide the computational support, and you will provide the brute force! He is very rude!"
- "Accessing Node 9875A. File header: SIVA Project. Files locked behind Epsilon Theta encryption A, D, and G. No decryption schema found."
- "As you say, Ms. Karn. I am happy to assist your research. My data stores are yours whenever you have need of them."
- "(Apathetic voice) (sigh) Yeah?"
- "(Apathetic voice) All alone. Ugh. Humans."
- "(Apathetic voice) Make 'em pay, Cap!"
- "Posit: artificial life exists because of the Traveler's influence. Extrapolation: the Traveler is my father. Further thought required."
- "Yes. Yes. No. No, I don't think that, Cayde Unit, I am happy to be of assistance, but I do not believe it to be possible to 'Vex time travel back, and kill Ghaul last week.'"
- "The hour is 2700 global Nessus time. Which means here at the Exodus Black, we put the 'A.I.' into 'aria'. Tonight, I am proud to debut an all-new opera written by me! A-one, a-two, and... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"
- "(Cheery): Captain! I received word of the Cayde unit's life status! (Depressed): Donezo. (Cheery): Please let me know if there is anything I can do to accelerate and conclude your grief process. (Depressed): 'Cause I'm fine. (Cheery): Anecdote! As the AI of Exodus Black, I experienced the death of every single one of my crewmembers! I hypothesized that the more loss one has suffered, the easier subsequent losses become! Field research has proven my hypothesis false! Losing Cayde makes me feel... f-f-feel... f-f-f-feel... (Depressed): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH - (Cheery): I feel terrible!
- Failsafe seems to have a great deal of empathy with anyone captured and held for no legitimate reason, even asking you to free Fallen captured by the Vex as part of an experiment in to the prisoner's dilemma during the adventure Release.
- Failsafe dislikes Cayde-6, who she blames for alerting the Fallen and Vex to her existence, and regularly mocks his intelligence.
- Despite this, she grieves over his death in Forsaken.
List of appearances