- "The legendary Warminds stood watch over our Golden Age colonies: vigilant intelligences stretched across thousands of warsats and hardened installations. When the Collapse struck, the great Warminds fought and died."
- —Grimoire description.
A Warmind is a type of powerful artificial intelligence designed for strategic warfare purposes. They are so complex and intelligent that not even the Vex can accurately simulate or predict them. A number of Warminds were built during the Golden Age, prior to the Collapse. A network of hardened planet-side military installations and countless Warsats allowed the Warminds to monitor and coordinate defenses across the entire Solar System.
According to Ikora Rey, the only Warmind to survive the Collapse was Rasputin. Although several Warmind vaults across the system remain intact and functional centuries later, they lie empty. Rasputin remains marooned on Earth in the Cosmodrome due to the fragmentation of the Warmind network, but is able to remotely access some off-world installations thanks to the recent re-activation of the Terrestrial Complex comms array.
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- Destiny 2
- ^ Bungie (2015-9-4), Destiny, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Vex 3
- ^ Bungie.net - The Ides of Mail Sack
- ^ a b Bungie (2017-9-8), Destiny 2, Activision Blizzard: Fury
- ^ Bungie (2015-9-15), Destiny: The Taken King, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Rasputin 2