From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
World Events are activities that appear in public areas, and change with each new expansion. Completing world events yield rewards to the player.
- Blades of Crota - The World Event for The Dark Below was that every ten minutes or so on Earth or the Moon, the Hive would summon a Blade of Crota. Killing the Blade would drop an Ascendant Sword that the player could use to kill the Hive that would spawn shortly after. This event counted towards two of Eris Morn's daily Bounties.
- Wolf Packs - House of Wolves reintroduced the Queen's Wrath, retooled as a Bounty hunter activity in which players could collect Bounties on Fallen targets that would arrive by Skiff to public areas on Earth, the Moon, and Venus. These Fallen always came in waves; the first wave would drop a small group of Fallen and two Scorch Captains. Killing the first wave would initiate five more waves; on the last wave, the Bounty target, typically a Wolf noble, would appear. Killing the target would not only complete the Bounty, but also cause an Ether Chest to appear somewhere in the area. The player had one minute to find the chest and unlock it for ammo synthesis, planetary materials, and a chance at a Treasure Key.
- Taken Lieutenants - In The Taken King, Taken will periodically certain areas. Certain of these Taken are Lieutenants—Major Captains, Knights, Minotaurs, or Centurions. Killing three Lieutenants before the Taken retreat will summon a Taken Champion, an Ultra-level enemy. Killing the Champion is a requirement for certain Taken War Quests, and have a chance to drop Runes, as well as Relics that can be returned to Banshee-44.
- High-Value Targets - A special Major enemy will appear somewhere in the area, accompanied by a brief on-screen notice. Guardians must eliminate them before they depart. This enemy boasts a substantial pool of health, increased damage, and occasionally quickly-regenerating shields. Successfully killing the enemy will yield a chest containing Glimmer and a reputation token. An Engram may drop from the enemy itself. This event occurs in the European Dead Zone, New Pacific Arcology, Arcadian Valley, and Echo Mesa.
- Fallen Scavengers - A Skiff will drop off a crew of Fallen Scavengers with two Sentry Servitors. The Fallen will scatter across the area, while the Servitors will move to guard a locked loot chest in the vicinity. If both Servitors are destroyed before the Fallen Scavengers finish their scavenging, the loot chest will unlock and reward Glimmer and a reputation token. This event occurs in the European Dead Zone and New Pacific Arcology.
- Flashpoint Bosses - During a Flashpoint, Majors will spawn near Public Events such as the War Hound. These units will have a significantly large health pool and when defeated will drop loot, glimmer, reputation tokens and possibly engrams.
- Prisoner Exchange - On worlds with a Vex presence, such as Nessus, Io and Mercury, a Minotaur Guard guarding an energy cage with an Ultra will appear. Eliminating the Minotaur Guard will drop nothing, but will make the energy shield around the Ultra disperse, releasing it. Defeating this enemy will drop a loot chest which could contain reputation tokens, engrams or pure loot. In Flashpoints, sometimes the health and loot drops of the Ultra will increase, or more enemies will be added to the cage. For example in the Mercury Fields of Glass prisoner exchange, three Psion Flayers will join the Brawl Gladiator in the cage. This only occurs during a Flashpoint.
- Supply Retrieval - This event occurs only during Faction Rallies. For the duration of a Rally, the Red Legion or House of Dusk will drop four supply crates which will be guarded by standard troops and Retrieval Specialist Incendiors or Stealth Tracker Marauders. Capture each crate to earn a faction token. Once three out of four crates are captured, a Quartermaster Colossus or Vendetta Shank Heavy Shank will arrive to defend the fourth crate. After all crates are captured, a loot chest will appear with Public Event-level rewards. This event occurs in the European Dead Zone, New Pacific Arcology, Arcadian Valley, and Echo Mesa.
- Escalation Protocol - The event can be triggered on Mars by activating any of the Rasputin-themed towers scattered around Hellas Basin. The participating players have to defend themselves against several waves of Hive, ranging from Thralls during the lower levels and Ultra Knights, Wizards and Ogres during the higher levels. Some waves will include the added challenge of having to locate and disable Shadowrifts by standing within them and shooting Void crystals, similarly to the Witches' Ritual public event on Titan. When all the crystals have been destroyed, a Severing Knight will spawn which will drop a Cleaver when defeated. There are a total of seven levels, with the seventh one featuring a boss with unique mechanices that rotates weekly.
List of appearances
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny, The Dark Below PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard
- ^ Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny, House of Wolves PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard
- ^ Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny, The Taken King PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard