The Witch Queen
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|The Witch Queen|
February 22nd, 2022
- "Truth... is a funny thing."
- — Savathûn, the Witch Queen
The Witch Queen
Dive into Savathûn's twisted throne world to uncover the mystery of how she and her Lucent Hive stole the Light. Learn the secrets required to craft all-new weapons, a new weapon archetype, and survive the truth within a realm of lies.
Survive the Truth
Sister of Shapes, Sword-Breaker, Witch Queen – which of my many names lives on your lips as you weave your story around me? Even as you tread carefully through my courtyard, among those who worship the Light I have gifted, would you deny me the virtue of this power?
Your answers are telling, Guardian. Ponder them and question those who promise you clarity in the face of all you see here. Listen as their voice wavers. And as you lift your new steel from the heart of your forge, ask yourself, "What force wields you?"
I await you, Guardian. Step into my Throne World and behold the truth.
Due to developmental issues, the expansion date was moved to a later date of February 22nd, 2022. On July 7th, 2021, Bungie released a teaser image for the official reveal of the expansion; the reveal being dated for August 24th, 2021.
New six-player activity
New enemy faction
New weapon archetype
New gameplay feature
- Four accompanying seasons
- New weapons and armor
- Legendary difficulty campaign mode
- Remastered Destiny 1 Raid in Season 18: Season of Plunder
- All Light subclasses are updated to the aspect and fragment system that was introduced in Beyond Light with Stasis throughout the year. Void was updated to the aspect and fragment system with the launch of the expansion. Solar was updated with the launch of Season of the Haunted. Finally, Arc was updated with the launch of Season of Plunder.
- All planetary materials are deprecated beginning in Season of the Seraph.
- Origin Traits are introduced to weapons. Weapons found in Gambit, Vanguard Ops, Nightfalls, Crucible, Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Events, destinations, seasonal content, Raids, and Dungeons from this expansion onwards as well as various weapon foundries have independent Origin Traits. Some weapons have multiple Origin Traits that can be selected by the player in the weapon inspection screen.
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
Weapons and Armour
- Season 16: Season of the Risen
- Season 17: Season of the Haunted
- Season 18: Season of Plunder
- Season 19: Season of the Seraph
|The Witch Queen||Succeeded by|