|Political and military information|
- "The war's over, and we've lost."
Deputy Commander Sloane is a female Titan Guardian of the Last City who serves as a Vanguard Scout. During the Red War, Sloane served as Commander Zavala's deputy and secured the moon of Titan as a outpost for the Vanguard.
Early Life and Career
- "The siege is broken. The stalemate we’ve had with the Eliksni for what, a hundred years? It’s over. We won."
- —Sloane, in a report to Commander Zavala
At some point after being resurrected by her Ghost, Sloane arrived at the refugee camp below the Traveller. Alongside her fellow Guardians, including Lord Shaxx, Sloane helped construct massive walls to protect the growing settlement, which eventually became known as The Last City. She was present when the Guardians first encountered and fought the Hive on Earth, after which she gained a hatred of them and became determined to wipe them out. Sloane also fought in the Battle of Twilight Gap and helped fight back the Fallen's attempted assault on the Last City.
Over the years, Sloane rose through the ranks of the Vanguard to become Deputy Commander of the Vanguard under Commander Zavala. During the Age of Triumph, she received reports that the Fallen Houses were abandoning their strongholds and disappearing in the aftermath of the SIVA Crisis. In response, Sloane oversaw a scouting mission to the Cosmodrome in Old Russia to confirm the reports. They found that most of the House of Devils and Kings had indeed abandoned not only the region, but their House banners as well. Marcus Ren informed Sloane that he believed the Fallen's siege of the Last City had finally been broken. Sloane reported this information to Zavala, and informed him that she was coordinating with The Reef, Iron Lords, and the Warlocks to uncover more intelligence on the Fallen's new motives and movements.
The Red War
- "We have a counter-offensive to plan. To do that, we need to get this station up and running. There's a fleet to prep, Guardians to arm, and a trove of intercepted Red Legion transmissions to decrypt. It's critical we gain access to the station's Control Center."
When the Red Legion invaded the solar system and conquered the Last City, imprisoning the Traveler in a cage to strip the Guardians of their Light, Sloane evacuated Earth with hundreds of other Guardians and refugees under the leadership of Commander Zavala. Sloane reported to Zavala aboard one of their ships in order to begin planning their resistance to the Cabal invasion. While leaving Earth, the fleet intercepted a encoded Cabal transmission, but were unable to decrypt it. They settled upon Titan, one of the moons of Saturn, as their rally point. Sloane and Shipwright Amanda Holliday aided Zavala in crafting a message to send to the scattered Guardian forces throughout the system. She found the Commander's messages to be void of hope and made it sound like the war was already lost, but found herself unable to criticize Zavala beyond asking him to be more inspiring, although Amanda had no such issues and raised their concerns to him. Sloane backed up Amanda, pointing out that they were not using most of their fuel to reach Titan to simply hide and that Zavala's message needed to include a plan for the Guardians to rally behind. Zavala did not change the message, and ordered them to send it out as it was.
Upon the fleets arrival at Titan, the Vanguard and refugees landed at the New Pacific Arcology to set up base and plan their counterattack, however they found that the Hive had established a stronghold there. Under Zavala's command, Sloane sent two teams to scout the Arcology to determine the extent of the Hive's infestation. Both teams were wiped out in the mission, but reported back enough information to confirm nearly the entire Arcology was under Hive control. Sloane reported the situation to Zavala, but believed even without the Light that the Guardians could storm the Arcology and wipe out the Hive, stating that if they needed they could burn down the entire place to drive them out. Her commander did not even turn to look at her, merely lamenting that he had been a fool to come to Titan and that their strength could not match the Hive. Increasingly concerned about Zavala's demeanor, Sloane told him he was not wrong and that Titan had all the resources and technology they needed to strike back at the Cabal if they could defeat the Hive, but Zavala cut her off and ordered all forces pulled back to the landing area they secured before dismissing her.
Eventually, the Iron Lord known as the Young Wolf arrived, claiming to have regained their Light. Despite Zavala's worry, Sloane asked the Young Wolf to help them secure the facility and prepare their forces by capturing the control center in Siren's Watch. With their Light, the Young Wolf easily cut through the Hive and reached the control center. Sloane's hopes were raised by the Guardian's success, and she told Zavala that they would be able to start planning their offensive soon, but the Commander was unconvinced it would be so easy. Sloane directed the Young Wolf to clear out the Hive's breeding grounds, and they eliminated Ubara, Hive Prince to secure the area. Sloane and Zavala landed at the control center to greet the Guardian, and she gave them a grateful nod as she entered the control room to set up the Guardian's temporary headquarters.
Race against the Fallen
After the Vanguard discovered evidence of a Hive ritual being conducted in the warrens beneath the New Pacific Archeology, Sloane prepared a team of nine Guardians to enter the warrens and disrupt the ritual. She briefed one of the fireteams, which was led by the Praxic Warlock Taeko-3, and found herself frustrated by their cockiness and underestimation of the Hive. After Taeko claimed that the three of them were unstoppable, she questioned what would happen if Taeko found herself alone without backup against the Hive. The Exo merely smirked and claimed she would embrace the Praxic Fire.
Sloane serves as the Overseer of Titan and its main questgiver. She is situated in Siren's Watch. Turning in Arcology tokens, Alkane Dust and Alkane Spores increases player reputation with Sloane and rewards legendary faction gear, shaders and other rewards. The weapons in her inventory are mostly from Suros.
- Solemn Hymn
- Tone Patrol
- Annual Skate
- Dead Man Walking
- Foggy Notion
- A Single Clap
- Swift Ride
- Negative Space
- Nox Echo III
- Sloane's left pauldron contains several seals reminiscent of given to noteworthy Space Marines who have proven themselves faithful and untainted by Chaos.
- Sloane is seen on Titan with her face and arms exposed; given that Titan has apparently not been terraformed by the Traveler, and that methane becomes liquid at -161.49 degrees Celsius (-258.68 degrees Fahrenheit), it is unknown how she can survive without protective equipment.
Sloane is seen on the right, helping Lord Shaxx with the construction of the walls around The Last City.
List of appearances
- Destiny: Warmind (comic)
- Age of Triumph (First mentioned)
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)
- ^ a b Twitter - New legends will rise. Destiny 2 launches September 6 on PS4. Watch the explosive launch trailer.
- ^ a b Bungie (2017/12/5), Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Duty Bound
- ^ Destiny: Warmind (comic), Chapter 3, Page 4
- ^ Bungie (2017/3/28), Destiny: Age of Triumph Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Fallen 6
- ^ Bungie (2018/7/31), Destiny 2: Solstice of Heroes, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Solstice Plate (Rekindled)
- ^ a b Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Hope
- ^ Bungie (2018/7/31), Destiny 2: Solstice of Heroes, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Solstice Greaves (Rekindled)
- ^ Bungie (2018/7/31), Destiny 2: Solstice of Heroes, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Solstice Mark (Rekindled)