Destinypedia:Personal image policy
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|This page is an official Destinypedia policy.|
|Policies of Destinypedia|
|Canon • Notability • Spoilers|
|Blocking • CheckUser|
Personal images • Signatures • Voting
|Bots • Deletion • Media • Privacy|
Protected pages • Code of Conduct
|Manual of Style • Citations • Layout guide|
Vandalism • Dealing with vandalism • Projects
|About • Copyrights • General disclaimer|
What Destinypedia is not
- Note: this article is about the Destinypedia policy concerning personal images. For the Destinypedia policy regarding general uploads and the use of images, see our Image use policy.
Here at Destinypedia, we encourage users to personalize their user pages so that all of us in the community may get to know each other. As the saying goes: a picture is worth a thousand words. In light of this, users are permitted to upload a prescribed number of images to the server for no other purpose than to decorate their user pages. This permission however is subject to the following standards:
- Each user is allowed four personal images only. A personal image is defined as one not in specific use by the project. (Generally, this means that the image is only in the User namespace, although it may be placed in the namespace if it can be used by the project as well.)
- Additionally, a user may also have an additional image to use in signatures. The image, when when scaled to fit the signature, must not be taller than 20 pixels. See our Signature policy for more information regarding signature requirements.
- It should not be distracting (e.g., animated). Images with distracting, or inappropriate Gifs are not allowed.
- All personal images must be used within one day (24 hours) of being uploaded. Failure to comply will result in the image being subject to deletion as an unused image.
We regret having to be legalistic about this (the wiki is supposed to be lighthearted and fun, after all), but we have grown to the point where having a standard is necessary, and simply giving free rein in this matter works against the goals of the knowledge base.
Personal image template
To help us keep track of images in use, please use the following two templates on all personal images:
For regular personal images:
For images intended for signatures:
Certain restrictions apply.
For images being URL linked to various pages (user sub-pages, monobook, etc):
Unless the said images are being used for wiki matters (style backgrounds, project images, etc.), please mark them as personal images.
A user may abandon a personal image. Once this happens, the user who uploaded it may mark it for deletion.
Before labeling an image as abandoned on behalf of another user, please ensure that he or she does not intend to continue using it in the near future (especially if the user is still under the numerical limit). Abandoned images should not be linked to from any page. Currently we are not mass-deleting abandoned images, but please note that they may be deleted at any time, and we will honor requests for deletion by the user who uploaded the file. (Note: We will also delete unused personal images that are the wrong format or that are of a poor quality, the same as any normal image.) Abandoned images may be claimed by another user, at which time the new user takes responsibility for the image.
Images in use by more than one person
If more than one user is using the same image, then it should only be attributed to one of them:
- Attribute it to the person who uploaded it if he or she is using it.
- Else attribute it to the person who has been using it the longest.
- For abandoned images, link to the user who used it most recently.