- "The Symmetry has been gaining a strong following...
"Ulan-Tan's teachings are too dangerous. Too much fear. Who knew he'd be more trouble dead than alive?"
- —Consensus Members.
The Symmetry was a Guardian faction established posthumously around the teachings of Ulan-Tan, who asserted that the Darkness was a necessary symmetry to the Traveler in the cosmic balance, and that all Light was interconnected across time and space. Adherents believed that the Traveler's goodness led it to sacrifice itself to defeat the Darkness for their sake, and that they must repay the Traveler's goodness by healing it. After the Concordat was ejected from the Tower, the Consensus briefly considered elevating the Symmetry in its place before deciding on the Future War Cult. At the time, the Symmetry's followers were growing in number, yet the Consensus felt that its philosophy was "too dangerous" and spread "too much fear".
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- ^ a b Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The City Age
- ^ Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Chamber of Night (mission)
- ^ Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Talk to Ikora
- ^ Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Darkness