Champion of the Crucible
- "The Light is your greatest weapon, Guardian."
- —Ikora Rey
Ikora Rey is a human and the Vanguard for the Warlock class. Rey's extensive knowledge of her field has earned her respect "among all Orders." Ikora Rey sells Warlock armor and emblems, but will also sometimes assist in some exotic weapon bounties such as A Dubious Task. Following the Red War, Ikora began allowing Guardians to use her meditation device to relive past missions.
- "Ikora looks at me with one of those looks that—you know sometimes you talk to Ikora and you just think, wow, you are not even using a fraction of your brain on me, are you? One of those looks."
Ikora was the student of Osiris, arguably his greatest one. However, after her mentor's arrogance and obsession with the Vex grew out of control, she personally oversaw his exile from the City. She started her career as an iconoclastic Guardian, with a reputation for being outspoken and impatient with the dogma of her peers. She had a very colorful life on the battlefield, whether fighting in the Crucible or doing solo missions and getting shot down repeatedly, surviving against all odds. Her experience gave her a wealth of knowledge and newfound respect among her fellow Warlocks. Even so, she apparently has a reputation for being scary, including a rumor that she can turn people into frogs.
Ikora's role in the Vanguard is to study enemy threats, particularly any unconventional threats posed by the forces of Darkness, and is typically the first to react to them. She employs a group of spies called The Hidden to go behind enemy lines, serving as her eyes and ears. Ikora is the only one who listens to one of these spies, Eris Morn, whom others call mad or avoid out of fear. She tasks Guardians with stopping construction of The Nexus on Venus, the summoning of Phogoth on the Moon, and the attempt to return the Black Garden to the Darkness.
During the events of The Dawning, Ikora Rey tasked the Guardians in eliminating old foes that have returned, Taniks Perfected, Sekrion, Nexus Mind and Omnigul. During so, Cayde-6 "assists" though Ikora knew he was only helping because he was both bored and attempting to get out of coordinating a team of Hunters that didn't like him. Regardless, both aided the Guardians in eliminating their old foes.
Ikora assists in fighting against the Red Legion invasion and after the Tower's civilians were evacuated, Ikora went in search of the Speaker only to find him missing. After the Traveler's Light was sealed away and the City became occupied by Dominus Ghaul, she later retreats to Io in an attempt to reestablish herself after the events of the invasion. Once the Guardian arrives and she learns of what has transpired in her absence, she returns to Earth to help her fireteam plan to retake the City.
During the attack, Ikora leads a unit using sparrows to confound troops and create an opening for the other teams to enter the City. Once the attack begins, she regroups with Cayde and Zavala to teleport to Dominus Ghaul's location. Unfortunately, the Vanguard was too badly wounded to go themselves, and the Guardian is sent in their place. Once Ghaul is defeated and the Traveler reawakens, Ikora returns to work leading the guardians and watching over the recovering City.
Ikora serves as the head of Vanguard Research. Upon completion of the Red War campaign, players are able to complete 3 Meditations per week which act as replays of the story campaign. Completing each meditation grants 3 Vanguard Research Tokens (though these can also be earned on days where Ikora challenges Guardians to complete 5 Challenges). These can be turned into Ikora to earn faction armour: specifically, legendary versions of the armour worn by players during the Homecoming story mission.
- "Prepare the feed. Mars, near Freehold."
- "Do you hear that? The voices? Sounds like, chanting."
- "Hmm, do you sense it too?"
- "Osiris knew things he couldn't back. Must've driven him mad."
- "Tell me this: What is Oryx?"
- "Come back safe."
- "Do you... voice it... sounds like chanting."
- "Do I scare you Guardian?"
- "For your crusades."
- "I assure you, the things they say about me aren't... all true."
- "I can make you speak, if I wanted to."
- "If this is some kind of game, I don't have time."
- "I'm nothing to be frightened of, Guardian."
- "I've got good feeling about you, Guardian."
- "I've got my eye on you."
- "Hmm, it's merely bent. It's yet to break."
- "Oh, come on! I don't turn people into frogs, or whatever you heard."
- "Oh, that's tempting... that's so tempting."
- "Something pushing back, a consciousness. Not human."
- "Speak, Guardian. I'm not that scary."
- "Speak, if you think you sense something. Don't be shy!"
- "The Dark is relentless, Guardian."
- "The Light is your greatest weapon, Guardian."
- "We can help you, Guardian."
- "We expect great things of you."
- "Wield the Light."
- "Tell Cayde, I'm not falling for it again."
- "It's like the time I had that stare-off with Brask.... Did I say that out loud?"
- "Tired of punching everything?" - to Titans
- Ikora Rey is voiced by Gina Torres who also portrayed Zoe Washburne in the TV series Firefly.
- Ikora possess her own collection of books and tomes of rare quality. She has such a collection that she has few books that she doesn't own. As such, she was impressed and grateful with Eva Levante's Dawning gift of books.
- Ikora was the first Guardian to have a 25 match winning streak in the Crucible.
- Despite the Destiny 2 teaser trailer had showed Ikora being a Stormcaller, the gameplay reveal trailer showed Ikora Ray in action as a Voidwalker.
- In Destiny 2, her Warlock bond's holograph is moved from her shoulder-plate to the more traditional Warlock bond under it.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- ^ GameSpot - Destiny 2 DLC Curse Of Osiris Leaks; Bungie Confirms It's Real
- ^ Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Warlock Vanguard
- ^ YouTube - Destiny 2 – “Rally the Troops” Worldwide Reveal Trailer
- ^ Bungie (2017/28/3), Destiny: Age of Triumph Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Cayde-6