From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Lost Sectors are a type of PvE activity that were introduced in Destiny 2. They consist of a hidden dungeon or side area that contains a large number of enemies, a boss enemy, and an unlockable treasure chest. Lost Sectors can be identified by a symbol that appears near its entrance, but the difficulty of actually locating the entrance will vary. Killing the boss inside the Lost Sector unlocks the chest, which will always contain some Glimmer, at least one piece of equipment and a Token for that planet. With update 2.0.0 and the release of Forsaken, Lost Sectors no longer grant Tokens upon looting. Lost Sectors can be completed an infinite number of times and automatically repopulate after being exited.
Legendary Lost Sectors
Legendary Lost Sectors were an activity available during Season of the Worthy. They were accessed through a console situated next to Rasputin's screens within each Seraph Bunker once that bunker was cleared for the day. Offering significantly higher difficulty than regular Lost Sectors, they featured modifiers and Champions, similar to Nightfall: The Ordeal.
Legendary Lost Sectors returned in the Season of the Hunt. They are accessed through a flag, similar to the ones used to enter adventures and campaign missions. Similar to their previous iteration, they had higher difficulty and modifiers, as well as awarding Enhancement Cores (and an Exotic Armor of a specific slot, if solo) on completion. Master Lost Sectors were also added, being even more difficult than their Legendary variant. Completing them alone, which is quite a challenge, is the only way to get the new exotic armor pieces from the Beyond Light expansion.
List of Lost Sectors
European Dead Zone, Earth
The European Dead Zone holds 16 Lost Sectors.
- Firebase Hades Lost Sectors:
- Pathfinder's Crash, a vehicle crash site guarded by Cabal Incendior Zerz, the Unstoppable Weight.
- The Pit, a vehicle maintenance bay guarded by Cabal Centurion Kurg, the All-Seeing Force.
- Excavation Site XII, a dig site guarded by Cabal Colossus Dust-Choked Thrag.
- Outskirts Lost Sectors:
- Scavenger's Den, a Fallen holdout guarded by Fallen Graxus, Blind Captain.
- The Drain, an old utility system guarded by Fallen Drekthas, Metal Captain.
- Whispered Falls, a waterfall hideout guarded by Fallen Keldrik, Drained Captain.
- The Gulch Lost Sector:
- Flooded Chasm, a flooded trench guarded by Fallen Phyzann, Drowned Captain.
(The southern exit is connected to the northern part of the Winding Cove.)
- Flooded Chasm, a flooded trench guarded by Fallen Phyzann, Drowned Captain.
- The Sludge Lost Sectors:
- Cavern of Souls, an underground cavern guarded by Taken Knight Varghul, Fragment of Oryx.
- Hallowed Grove, an infested forest guarded by Taken Captain Vendraxis, Shadow of Oryx.
- Shaft 13, a mineshaft guarded by Fallen Calzar, Scarred Captain.
- Sunken Isles Lost Sectors:
- Skydock IV, a vehicle landing zone guarded by Cabal Colossus Devourer Darg.
- The Quarry, an old mining operation guarded by Cabal Centurion Fortifier Yann.
- Trostland Lost Sectors:
- Atrium, a series of utility rooms guarded by Fallen Skexis, Outcast Captain.
- Terminus East, a transit station guarded by Fallen Kalsis, Sunless Captain.
- Widow's Walk, a city block guarded by Fallen Mazan, Lost Captain.
- Winding Cove Lost Sector:
- The Weep, a watery cave guarded by Fallen Rannix, Drenched Captain.
New Pacific Arcology, Titan
The New Pacific Arcology holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Siren's Watch Lost Sector:
- Methane Flush, a methane power plant guarded by Hive Wizard Karugul.
- The Rig Lost Sectors:
- Cargo Bay 3, an old cargo bay guarded by Hive Ogre Golmuut.
- DS Quarters-2, an operations center guarded by Hive Knight Thaan'Hul.
Arcadian Valley, Nessus
The Arcadian Valley holds 5 Lost Sectors.
- Artifact's Edge Lost Sector:
- The Orrery, an underground Vex planetary observatory guarded by Vex Minotaur Thyrdron.
- Exodus Black Lost Sector:
- The Rift, an old piece of Exodus Black guarded by Fallen Talas, Dusk Captain.
- Glade of Echoes Lost Sector:
- The Carrion Pit, a sacrificial site guarded by Fallen Servitor Nariks Reborn.
- The Cistern Lost Sector:
- The Conflux, a Vex construct occupied by Cabal Colossus Primus Cal'aug.
- The Tangle Lost Sector:
- Ancient's Haunt, an ancient Vex construct guarded by Vex Hydra Pakrion.
Echo Mesa, Io
Echo Mesa holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Lost Oasis Lost Sector:
- Grove of Ulan-Tan, Ulan-Tan's burial site guarded by Vex Minotaur Qeldron, Keeper.
- The Rupture Lost Sectors:
- Aphix Conduit, a destroyed Vex structure guarded by the Vex Hydra Ruined Mind.
- Sanctum of Bones, an ancient fossil-filled cave guarded by Taken Knight Pandrok, Pillar of Nothing.
Fields of Glass, Mercury
Fields of Glass holds 1 Lost Sector.
- The Lighthouse Lost Sector:
- Pariah's Refuge, a Cult of Osiris hideout occupied by the Vex Minotaur Subterranean Mind.
Hellas Basin, Mars
Hellas Basin holds 2 Lost Sectors.
- BrayTech Futurescape Lost Sector:
- Core Terminus, a Hive infested area of the Clovis Bray facility guarded by Hive Knight Keresh, Champion of Xol.
- Glacial Drift Lost Sector:
- Ma'adim Subterrane, an open cavern guarded by Cabal Colossus Valus Dulurc.
The Tangled Shore, The Reef
The Tangled Shore holds five Lost Sectors.
- Thieves' Landing Lost Sectors:
- Empty Tank, a club with arena guarded by Fallen Azilis, Dusk Marauder.
- Kingship Dock, an elevated dock previously owned by the House of Kings, guarded by Vilzii, Scorn Chieftain.
- Sorik's Cut Lost Sector:
- Wolfship Turbine, an infested underground power plant previously owned by the House of Wolves, guarded by Hive Ogre Segrex, the Tainted.
- Four-Horn Gulch Lost Sector:
- Trappers Cave, an underground cavern guarded by Cabal Centurion Garut Gra'am.
- Jetsam of Saturn Lost Sector:
- Shipyard AWO/23, a landing area guarded by Fallen Servitor Zetix-7.
The Dreaming City, The Reef/Ascendant realm
The Dreaming City holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Divalian Mists Lost Sector:
- Bay of Drowned Wishes, a Scorn controlled misty shore swarming with Screebs and guarded by Yirksii, Subversive Chieftain.
- The Strand Lost Sector:
- Aphelion's Rest, a burial site and mausoleum guarded by Ur Haraak, Disciple of Quria.
- Rheasilvia Lost Sector:
- Chamber of Starlight, an Awoken temple and shrine guarded by Inkasi, Disciple of Quria.
Ocean of Storms, Moon
The Moon holds 4 Lost Sectors.
- Archer's Line
- K1 Logistics, a K1 project supply warehouse guarded by the Nightmare of Kelnix Reborn.
- Anchor of Light
- K1 Communion, a K1 Project data facility guarded by the Nightmare of Rizaahn, the Lost.
- K1 Crew Quarters, a K1 Project housing facility guarded by the Nightmare of Reyiks, Actuator.
- Sorrow's Harbor
- K1 Revelation, a K1 Project dig site and research outpost guarded by the Nightmare of Arguth, the Tormented.
The Cosmodrome holds 2 Lost Sectors.
- The Divide
- Exodus Garden 2A, a disused warehouse guarded by Deksis-5, Taskmaster.
- Forgotten Shore
- Veles Labyrinth, a cave system adjacent to Bunker RAS-2, guarded by Ak-Baral, Rival of Navôta.
Rathmore Chaos, Europa
Rathmore Chaos holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Eventide Ruins
- Bunker E15, a disaster shelter guarded by an Inquisitor Hydra.
- Asterion Abyss
- Concealed Void, an underground Vex structure guarded by Teliks, House Salvation.
- Cadmus Ridge
- Perdition, a wing of the Bray Exoscience facility guarded by Alkestis, Sacrificial Mind.
Court of Savathûn, Throne World
The Court of Savathûn holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Extraction, a secret Hive warren guarded by Hathrek, the Glasweard.
- Florescent Canal
- Sepulcher, an underground Hive tomb guarded by Bar-Zel, Tutelary of Savathûn.
- Metamorphosis, an underground stronghold burying Pyramid architecture guarded by Dread Tatsrekaa.
Neomuna holds 3 Lost Sectors.
- Ahimsa Park
- Gilded Precept, a gladiatorial wing of the Typhon Imperator guarded by Valus Tharum, Gladiatorial Overseer.
- Zephyr Concourse
- Hydroponics Delta, a hydro-agricultural facility guarded by Valus Dravusk, Shadow Legion.
- Límíng Harbor
- Thrilladrome, an arcade connected to the Vex Network guarded by Agon, Strategic Hydra.
- There is a bug that can occur where when fast traveling or arriving at a location, that the alert that a Lost Sector was looted will appear. It is unknown as to why this occurs.
- The most common location for this bug to occur is the Tower.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)