- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
Loot is the collective term for various items, abilities, and currency that can be found or awarded to Guardians for completing quests. Before being collected, loot appears in the world as glowing polyhedra. Defeating bosses will reward Guardians with rare loot, such as Exotic weapons and armor. Loot can also be found in chests hidden around the world; many include Glimmer, but some also include a piece of gear.  Items and weapons may be traded between player characters under a single account by use of a vault, armor can only be used by the class it is designed for, at this time nothing can be traded between different players within the Tower.
- Primary Ammo (white box)
- Special Ammo (green box)
- Heavy Ammo (purple box)
- Glimmer (Dropped by Majors and Ultras by default. Normal enemies require a Glimmer-multiplying consumable to drop Glimmer.)
- Orbs of Light (per enemy killed with a Super, available only to other players)
See weapons. Guardians can carry primary weapons, special weapons, and heavy weapons.
- Motes of Light: Stored in Materials
- Strange Coins: Stored in Materials
- Crucible Marks: Earned in the Crucible, used to purchase Crucible and Faction gear—Replaced in Year Two by Legendary Marks
- Vanguard Marks: Earned in Strikes, used to purchase Vanguard gear—Replaced in Year Two by Legendary Marks
Engrams can be collected from bosses, random enemies, or chests. Engrams will appear in a player's weapon or armor inventory.
Consumables are one-time-use items that grant various bonuses. Guardians can carry 15 consumable items.
Ammo Synthesis: Replenish ammo for one weapon. Has a 5 minute cooldown after use.
Weapon Telemetry: Speed up the upgrade progression of a weapon for 30 minutes. Can be purchased from Xur or the Gunsmith, Banshee-44.
- Auto Rifle Telemetry
- Fusion Rifle Telemetry
- Hand Cannon Telemetry
- Machine Gun Telemetry
- Pulse Rifle Telemetry
- Rocket Launcher Telemetry
- Scout Rifle Telemetry
- Shotgun Telemetry
- Sniper Rifle Telemetry
Glimmer Multiplier: Draw more Glimmer out of enemies when killed for 10 minutes.
Experience Multiplier: Get more experience out of enemies killed.
Artifacts: Dropped by Majors or Ultras, sell these to the Cryptarch for two hundred Glimmer each.
Cosmetic: Cosmetic consumables with varying effects.
Legendary Keys: There are nine Legendary Keys that can be found by killing any Hive Majors or Ultras aboard the Dreadnaught; or after killing fifty enemies with a Wormfeeder Rune. They are used to open the nine Legendary Chests scattered around the Dreadnaught.[note 1]
- Key of Akka
- Key of Eir
- Key of Gnashing Teeth
- Key of Maggots
- Key of the Spawn
- Key of Ur
- Key of Wyrding
- Key of Xol
- Key of Yuul
Materials are used in upgrading equipment. Materials can be found out in the wild, as rewards for Public Events, or from disassembling items. Guardians can carry two hundred materials.
Salvage Materials: These are acquired by disassembling Uncommon or better armor and weapons. Used to upgrade Rare or better armor and weapons.
Planetary Materials: Acquired by finding resource nodes or opening loot chests on planets, or purchasing from the Vanguard Quartermaster Roni 55-30. Completing the Daily Heroic Story Mission or a Bounty for Patrol missions also yields ten materials from that planet. Used to upgrade Legendary or better armor and weapons.
Legendary Materials: Acquired by completing high-level activities such as the Daily Heroic Story Mission, Nightfall Strike, or in chests in Raids, or disassembling Legendary armor and weapons. Also a potential reward for Public Events. Used for the final set of upgrades on Legendary armor and weapons.
- Ascendant Energy
- Ascendant Shard
- Embalming Orb
- Etheric Light
- Radiant Energy
- Radiant Shard
- Runed Core
Skyburners Materials: Acquired from killing Cabal Majors on the Dreadnaught. Used to do specific activities and retrieve special rewards.
Mission rewards are items collected from completing missions. These can be turned in to the Vanguard for rewards. Ten mission rewards can be carried at once.
- Warping Claws - The Dark Within - Turn in to Vanguard for choice of Uncommon armor
- Ancient Recording - The Last Array - Turn in to Banshee-44 for choice of Uncommon Heavy Weapon
- Dead Ghost - The Dark Beyond - Turn in to the Speaker to receive a Writ for arms, which in turn is given to Banshee-44 for choice of Uncommon Special Weapon.[note 2]
Current Bounties are stored as items in a player's inventory, which then have to be returned upon completion. A player can carry five Bounties of any type at any one time. These can be abandoned at any time to free up slots and, if they are still available from the Bounty Vendor, picked up again with all progress reset to zero.
- ^ You can only hold one of each at a time in your character's personal inventory.
- ^ This is specifically the Dead Ghost found at the end of The Dark Beyond. It counts as both a mission reward and as a collectible Dead Ghost
- ^ YouTube: Destiny ViDoc: Out Here in the Wild
- ^ Bungie.net: Building the Destiny E3 Reveal
- ^ Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.