From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "This unusual coin is warm to the touch and vibrates gently in your hand."
- — In-game description
Strange Coins are used to purchase powerful loot from Xûr, Agent of the Nine in Destiny. They later return in Destiny 2's 30th Anniversary Pack, where they are used to purchase special bounties and other rewards from Starhorse.
How to obtain
Strange Coins can be obtained through a variety of methods:
- Destiny 1:
- Complete the Scourge of Winter Story mission for the first time (once per character)
- Complete Public Events (random chance)
- Complete Strikes (random chance)
- Complete the Nightfall Strike (random chance, once per character, set of twelve)
- Complete matches in the Crucible (random chance)
- Dropped from loot chests (random chance)
- Rewarded from Decoherent (Blue) Engrams and greater (random chance beginning at Level 18)
- Opening the 4th Golden Chest on Mars (once per character)
- Getting Reputation Packages from leveling up your rank (always gives you 4)
- Complete Prison of Elders (random chance)
- Completing patrols for long enough will give you a chance to get a secret patrol that gives you three random mystery tasks. This patrol awards Strange Coins.
- Destiny 2:
- Complete runs of Dares of Eternity
- Open Paraversal Hauls from Starhorse bounties or coin exchange
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- Destiny 2