House of Dusk
|House of Dusk|
- "Skolas tried to unite the Fallen Houses but failed. Who would have thought that sheer desperation would succeed where he failed."
- — Ghost
- "Thou shalt tell the Eliksni to tear off their banners. Thou shalt tell them that we must all surrender to each other. We must give up our rivalries, or we will not survive."
- — Craask, Kell of Kings
Some time after the Reef's disastrous attack on the Dreadnaught, the surviving Prince Uldren Sov allowed himself to be captured by the House of Kings in order to gain an audience with their Kell, Craask. Craask reluctantly bent the knee to Uldren, and beseeched him to carry the message to every other Fallen House to abandon their old loyalties and join together for the sake of survival.
- "Fallen comms, still trying to reach their brothers and sisters. Some of these headers are still marked with House sigils. House of Devils, House of Wolves..."
- — Ghost
Nearly a year after the SIVA Crisis, around the time of the Red War, the House of Dusk suddenly emerged, with no sign of the other Fallen Houses being present outside of ruins. Currently, the House of Dusk is engaging in a massive guerrilla war with Red Legion forces across the Solar System, with other factions being targets as well.
- "House of Dusk, fah! House of Desperation! House of Erased Differences! Differences define us."
- — The Spider
With the demise of the House of Wolves, former members can be seen working with the Dusk which include The Silent Fang, Queenbreakers, Pallas Seigebreakers and those afilliated with Beltrik and Irxis.
Primarily distinguishable by their dark purple cloaks and new weapons, their eyes glow an intense turquoise, much brighter than the pale blue seen in Fallen from Destiny 1, and wear very little armour, instead choosing to rely on their natural exoskeletons for protection. What armor remains is heavily weathered and worn down.
The House can be found on Earth, Titan, Io, and Nessus, warring with every other alien faction in the system. Within the House of Dusk, the Fallen no longer worship Servitors and machines as they used to, having devoted their energy towards simple survival. With their emergence, they are believed to be the most powerful active Fallen faction in the Solar System.
Evidence strongly imply that the House of Dusk is an amalgamation of the remnants of other Fallen Houses. Dusk structure bear a level of complexity similar to the House of Wolves. There are multiple specialized forces that are given their own set of tasks. Pike gangs are sent to patrol Fallen territory and harass intruders. Signal crews led by recon specialists and stealth troops hack into and jam communication devices used by enemy forces to prevent them from strategizing. Glimmer extraction crews use Glimmer Drills to acquire wealth and resources. All of these divisions are given their leaders from the ranks of their nobility. The whereabouts of their Kell and Barons is unknown.
The House of Dusk is actively calling other Fallen to join with it. Fallen banners displayed in Trostland bore a crude version of the House of Judgment's sigil, but the banners were seemingly used as warnings rather than to mark territory ownership. Some Fallen tech also found in the area once belonged to the House of Winter and had been transported from Venus. While a communications device in Siren's Watch was discovered to be using variants of encryption protocols derived from the House of Kings. A former noble of the House of Wolves was found to have joined the ranks of the House of Dusk. Lastly, the House produces Heavy Shanks based on the House of Devils' S.A.B.E.R.-2 prototype. Ghost notes that where Skolas failed in uniting the Houses, sheer desperation (due to the massive losses faced in the Taken War and SIVA Crisis) succeeded in burying old grudges.
Another unusual characteristic is that it utilizes Servitors from multiple lines (Brandaks, Drensik, Kendriks, Kiriks, Merix, Nariks, Selkis, Serkuleks, and Teleks), a practice previously only seen with the House of Wolves, which used two lines (Kaliks and Orbiks). Furthermore, it possesses multiple Prime Servitors where no Fallen House had been known to follow more than a single Prime Servitor at once, and which were almost never deployed offensively except where the Fallen believed that they had an overwhelming advantage or when their lair was invaded. The House of Dusk went against traditions by regularly sending Prime Ether Servitors to directly distribute ether to crews in combat zones on various worlds, and deploying other Primes like Brandaks Prime and Serkuleks, the Fount as reinforcements against Guardian incursions.
In addition to their scavenging, the House of Dusk also appears to be focusing on Ether production and experimentation. In the European Dead Zone, Raksil, Archon Priest and Serkuleks, the Fount were responsible for producing and distributing an enhanced variety of ether from Cabal technology that strengthened the Fallen. In the Arcadian Valley, Ghost scanned a tank with ether that had been diluted through unknown means, which he speculated meant that the Fallen on Nessus were experiencing a dire ether shortage. Equally intriguing is that many of the House of Dusk's Captains throughout the system are comparable to Kells in size, a level of growth which requires a large amount of ether to achieve.
- Mithrax, the Forsaken (formerly)
- Skriviks, the Sharp-Eyed
- Thaviks, the Depraved
- Jaliks, Fallen Captain
- Elyksul, Assault Leader
- Kikliss, Murderer
- Azilis, Dusk Marauder
- Calzar, Scarred Captain
- Drekthas, Metal Captain
- Graxus, Blind Captain
- Irxis Partisan
- Kalsis, Sunless Captain
- Keldrik, Drained Captain
- Khirin, Blinding Captain
- Kiphoris, the Eclipsed
- Maksor, Starving Scavenger
- Mazan, Lost Captain
- Pallas Seigebreaker
- Phyzann, Drowned Captain
- Poknis, Order Captain
- Rannix, Drenched Captain
- Relentless Grak
- Skexis, Outcast Captain
- Spekkis, Pike Captain
- Student of Beltrik
- Taksor, Scavenger Raider
- Talas, Dusk Captain
- Tikkis, Diminished Scrapper
- Teliks, Bandit Captain
- Yalsis, the Igniter
- Nariks Reborn
- Selkis, the Obstructor
- Shank variants
- Heavy Shank variants
- Dreg variants
- Wretch variants
- Vandal variants
- Marauder variants
- Captain variants
- Servitor variants
- Walker variants
- The House of Dusk is the creation of the Kell of Kings and they get their name after he says It is "Twilight" for the Fallen, and we must lay our banners down. Twilight meaning Dusk.
- With the release of Forsaken, it is likely that Uldren was at some point involved in the formation of the House of Dusk due to his subjugation of the House of Kings, which may be why the Dusk Dregs in the EDZ did not attack Uldren.
- The House of Dusk has the most Prime Servitors of any House seen to date, commanding at least three. These Servitors are Brandaks Prime, the Prime Ether Servitors, and Serkuleks, the Fount. Most Houses only have had one or perhaps two.
- The Dregs and Wretches of the House of Dusk do not possess docking caps and have regrown the first parts of their lower arms, while all Major and Ultra Dusk Fallen possess gold-yellow streaks on their armor and cloaks, suggesting a House of Kings connection.
- A red banner with the Dusk insignia can be found near Thaviks, the Depraved and the Fortress crucible, possibly hinting at a divide among the House or perhaps another division of the House.
- It is unknown whether the House of Dusk possesses a Kell. Comments to the effect of "the time of Kells is over" by eliksni in Forsaken suggests they do not.
- Unlike other houses in Destiny 1, whose members wear bodysuits under full armor and capes, members of House of Dusk do not wear bodysuits and instead wear armor on their half-naked bodies.
- A Vandal can be found by a tiny island the north of the Sunken Isles in the EDZ with a disproportionate amount of health and strong attack. This is an Easter Egg reference to "Randal the Vandal", a notorious Level 8 Reaver Vandal found in the Forgotten Shore of the Cosmodrome who was later turned into Rahndel, the Perfected.
- Silent Fang members wanted by the Spider can be found close to Dusk members in the EDZ. They were previously under the rule of the House of Wolves.
List of appearances
- ^ https://www.ishtar-collective.net/transcripts/ghost-scan-the-rig-titan
- ^ Bungie (2017/28/3), Destiny: Age of Triumph Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire:Ghost Fragment: The Reef 4
- ^ Bungie (2018/9/4), Destiny 2: Forsaken, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Kings
- ^ Bungie (2017/28/3), Destiny: Age of Triumph Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Fallen 6