- "These relentless thieves seem driven by desperation and rage. They are crafty, but they usually give up their cover with their clattering and hissing. Most seem outfitted with some kind of shock dagger and pistol, and as far as we can gather, they seem to only have two arms, while other Fallen have four."
- —Bungie.net description.
- "Don't underestimate a cutthroat, or you'll get your throat cut."
- —Grimoire description.
Less disciplined than Vandals or Captains, they often give away their position with their chattering. They are typically armed with a Shock Dagger or two, Shock Pistol and Shock Grenade. They are rarely armed with a Shrapnel Launcher.
Because of their low rank, Dregs have two arms, whereas other higher ranks of Fallen have four. This is because they have had the other set cut off as part of a ritual of humiliation and obedience. Dregs seek to prove their worth through selfless aggression. Only a few will survive to gain promotion and regrow their limbs. Their suicidal bravery is fueled by ambition and shame.
It's not unheard of for higher-ranking Fallen to be demoted to Dregs if they have failed their superiors in some way, if they are not killed outright.
Even when they are dead you can still shoot a Fallen's head off, with the same effect of ether being released.
Dregs crawl out from a Fallen dropship.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c Bungie.net, The Fallen Dreg
- ^ a b Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Dreg
- ^ Bungie (2014-7-17), Destiny: Beta PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- ^ Game Informer January 2014, page 52
- ^ Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard Grimoire: Captain