- "What does it mean to be a Hunter? I say, it’s all about where you belong. The Warlocks have their libraries, the Titans have their walls...But Hunters belong in the wilds."
More experienced in Solar System exploration
Dead End Cure
The Hunter is a type of Guardian who uses stealth and long ranged weapons to kill their enemies. Hunters tend to be taciturn, mostly keeping to themselves and using lightweight throwing knives and smoke to disorient their enemies. Hunter Cloaks provide a sense of mystery and excellent camouflage when they are in the wild.
- "Our old worlds have grown feral - rabid beasts with teeth of rust and ruin. But such beasts are meant to be tamed. Or broken."
- —Grimoire Description.
Through manipulation of the Traveler's energies, Hunters learned how to survive in the wild, assassinate their prey, and reclaim lost secrets of the Golden Age. They are daring scouts and stealthy killers, experts with knives and precision weapons. Hunters blaze their own trails and write their own laws. Though some fear them as being dangerous, their bravery has saved many lives and led to many discoveries dating back to the Golden Age.
- "Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw – at least not any more – but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever."
- —Class description
Hunters are focused on damage dealing from short and medium range.
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature. All Guardians have a double jump ability and a grenade ability whose effects vary by class. All these abilities can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive PvP.
- Gunslinger—"A lone wolf who lives for the perfect shot." A class suited for engaging single high-priority targets, specializing in Solar Light attacks.
- Bladedancer—"Beautiful lethality, relentless style." A class suited for dealing with a large amounts of low level enemies, specializing in Arc Light attacks. Unlocked at level 15.
- Nightstalker—"Draw from the Void. Light the way." A class suited for tying down enemies keeping them at bay, specializing in Void Light attacks. First made available in The Taken King.
- Super—Shadowshot: Tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies.
- Grenades—Spike Grenade, Voidwall Grenade, Vortex Grenade
- Melee—Smoke: Throw Smoke to slow and disorient those within its cloud. There is an option within that column to alter smoke and make both disorient and damage enemies over time whils they are in your smoke cloud. Using a smoke and grenade at the same time is often referred to as a "wambo combo".
- Jump—Double Jump; Triple Jump
- Arcstrider—"Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder." An Arc-based subclass that grants Hunters a glowing staff infused with Arc energy, allowing Hunters to impale and electrocute their enemies with vicious swings of the staff.
- Super—Arc Staff: Charge your staff with Arc Light and consume your foes with lightning.
- Grenades—Skip Grenade, Flux Grenade, Arcbolt Grenade
- Melee—Pressure-Point Punch: Deliver a precise, Arc-charged punch to enemies.
- Jump—High Jump; Strafe Jump; Triple Jump
- Dead End Cure (D.E.C.)
- Icarus Drifters
- Cayde-6—Hunter Vanguard representative.
- Eris Morn—an expert on Hive lore and aids Guardians to hunt down her enemies.
- Lady Efrideet—former Iron Lord who disappeared long ago before SIVA's rediscovery.
- Shiro-4—scout and trusted friend and adviser to Lord Saladin.
- Tevis Larsen (voice only)—deceased Hunter and close friend to Cayde-6.
- Ain Suhu-ässä
- Ana Bray - A descendant of House Bray who fought at the Battle of Twilight Gap,
- Andal Brask - Former Hunter Vanguard who was murdered by Taniks, the Scarred and was succeeded by his friend Cayde-6.
- Anahera-3 - A Hunter who thought they might fall in love with their gun if it got smarter.
- Anna Law - Mentioned by Cayde-6 on the Tower P.A speakers in the Plaza, said to be missing in the Manhattan Nuclear Zone.
- Dredgen Vale - Member of the infamous Shadows of Yor group.
- Lord Gheleon - An Iron Lord who often wore the bones of his foes as armor.
- Jaren Ward - One of the two original owners of The Last Word.
- Kit Ali Ameir - A Hunter known for somehow drawing images of Cabal a century before Guardians had first contact with them.
- Marcus Ren - One of the stars of the SRL and creator of St0mp-EE5.
- Omar Agah - Member of Eriana-3's fireteam to assassinate Crota but was killed by the Heart of Crota.
- Pahanin - A hunter who was the only survivor of Kabr's assault on the Vault of Glass and creator of the Super Good Advice Heavy Machine Gun.
- Lady Perun - An Iron Lord and their field commander.
- Quantis Rhee - A Nightstalker who explored Nessus.
- Sai Mota - Member of Eriana-3's fireteam to assassinate Crota and almost escaped with Eris but was killed by Omnigul.
- Shin Malphur - One of the original owners of The Last Word and who ended the rampage of Dredgen Yor.
- Uzoma Vale - One of the creators of the Zen Meteor sniper rifle.
- Destiny marks the third time a group of entities in a Bungie game has been named "Hunters", the other two being Marathon and Halo. It also marks the first time that Hunters are not an enemy class.
- The Hunter's outfit is shown to have a 50:50 fabric to armor ratio. Its visual design is meant to look like they scavenge the wilderness for gear, with torn capes and gear based on HAZMAT material.
- So far, Hunters are the only Guardians that do not have any orders within the Last City, unlike the Titans and Warlocks. It is possible that due to the "lone wolf" mindset of the Hunters and their desire to explore, the Hunters do not tend to have orders bound to the city.
A Hunter (center) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
List of appearances
- ^ IGN: Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams
- ^ Destiny.bungie.org: Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ^ Destiny the Game: Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown
- ^ [http://www.destructoid.com/destiny-s-combat-is-solid-but-i-m-not-so-sure-about-the-rest-of-it-273692.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Destructoid: Destiny's Combat is Solid, But I'm Not So Sure About the Rest of it.
- ^ Destiny Players: Warlock controls
- ^ MMORPG: Delving Into Bungie's Vision
- ^ Bungie.net: The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- ^ If it's the first character created, otherwise interchangeable after character creation is done and story mode has been started.
- ^ YouTube: Thank You, Destiny Community
- ^ Bungie.net: The Taken King: Nighstalker
- ^ Eurogamer: Destiny 2 PS4 exclusive content - PlayStation 4's Lake of Shadows strike, City Apex ship, Borealis weapon, exclusive armour and Retribution map detailed
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Tomyris-E2
- ^ Polygon: Bungie outlines ambitions for Destiny's extensive character customization