- "What does it mean to be a Hunter? I say, it’s all about where you belong. The Warlocks have their libraries, the Titans have their walls...But Hunters belong in the wilds."
More experienced in Solar System exploration
The Hunter is a type of Guardian who uses stealth and long ranged weapons to kill their enemies. Hunters tend to be taciturn, mostly keeping to themselves and using lightweight throwing knives and smoke to disorient their enemies. Hunter Cloaks provide a sense of mystery and excellent camouflage when they are in the wild.
- "Our old worlds have grown feral - rabid beasts with teeth of rust and ruin. But such beasts are meant to be tamed. Or broken."
- —Grimoire Description.
Through manipulation of the Traveler's energies, Hunters learned how to survive in the wild, assassinate their prey and reclaim lost secrets of the Golden Age. They are daring scouts and stealthy killers, experts with knives and precision weapons. Hunters blaze their own trails and write their own laws. Though some fear them as being dangerous, their bravery has saved many lives and led to many discoveries dating back to the Golden Age.
- "Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw – at least not any more – but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever."
- —Class description
Hunters are focused on damage dealing from short and medium range.
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature. All Guardians have a double jump ability and a grenade ability whose effects vary by class. All these abilities can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive PvP.
- Gunslinger—"A lone wolf who lives for the perfect shot." A class suited for engaging single high-priority targets, specializing in Solar Light attacks.
- Bladedancer—"Beautiful lethality, relentless style." A class suited for dealing with a large amounts of low level enemies, specializing in Arc Light attacks. Unlocked at level 15.
- Nightstalker—"Draw from the Void. Light the way." A class suited for tying down enemies keeping them at bay, specializing in Void Light attacks. First made available in The Taken King.
- Super—Shadowshot: Tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies.
- Grenades—Spike Grenade, Voidwall Grenade, Vortex Grenade
- Melee—Smoke: Throw Smoke to slow and disorient those within its cloud. There is an option within that column to alter smoke and make both disorient and damage enemies over time whils they are in your smoke cloud. Using a smoke and grenade at the same time is often referred to as a "wambo combo".
- Jump—Double Jump; Triple Jump
- Cayde-6—Hunter Vanguard representative.
- Eris Morn—an expert on Hive lore and aids Guardians to hunt down her enemies.
- Lady Efrideet—former Iron Lord who disappeared long ago before SIVA's rediscovery.
- Shiro-4—scout and trusted friend and adviser to Lord Saladin.
- Tevis (voice only)—deceased Hunter and close friend to Cayde-6.
- Ana Bray
- Ain Suhu-ässä
- Andal Brask—former Hunter Vanguard before Cayde
- Dredgen Vale
- Lord Gheleon
- Jaren Ward—one of two original owners of The Last Word.
- Omar Agah
- Lady Perun
- Sai Mota
- Shin Malphur—one of the original owners of The Last Word.
- Uzoma Vale
- Destiny marks the third time a group of entities in a Bungie game has been named "Hunters", the other two being Marathon and Halo. It also marks the first time that Hunters are not an enemy class.
- The Hunter's outfit is shown to have a 50:50 fabric to armor ratio. Its visual design is meant to look like they scavenge the wilderness for gear, with torn capes and gear based on HAZMAT material.
- So far, Hunters are the only Guardians that do not have any orders within the Last City, unlike the Titans and Warlocks. It is possible that due to the "lone wolf" mindset of the Hunters and their desire to explore, the Hunters do not tend to have orders bound to the city.
A Hunter (center) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
List of appearances
- ^ IGN: Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams
- ^ Destiny.bungie.org: Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ^ Destiny the Game: Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown
- ^ [http://www.destructoid.com/destiny-s-combat-is-solid-but-i-m-not-so-sure-about-the-rest-of-it-273692.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Destructoid: Destiny's Combat is Solid, But I'm Not So Sure About the Rest of it.
- ^ Destiny Players: Warlock controls
- ^ MMORPG: Delving Into Bungie's Vision
- ^ Bungie.net: The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- ^ If it's the first character created, otherwise interchangeable after character creation is done and story mode has been started.
- ^ YouTube: Thank You, Destiny Community
- ^ Bungie.net: The Taken King: Nighstalker
- ^ Polygon: Bungie outlines ambitions for Destiny's extensive character customization