From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "What does it mean to be a Hunter? I say, it's all about where you belong. The Warlocks have their libraries, the Titans have their walls...But Hunters belong in the wilds."
- — Cayde-6
More experienced in Solar System exploration
The Hunter is a type of Guardian who uses stealth hand cannons or sidearms and long ranged weapons to kill their enemies. Hunters tend to be taciturn, mostly keeping to themselves and using lightweight throwing knives and smoke to disorient their enemies. Hunter Cloaks provide a sense of mystery and excellent camouflage when they are in the wild.
- "Our old worlds have grown feral - rabid beasts with teeth of rust and ruin. But such beasts are meant to be tamed. Or broken."
- — Grimoire Description.
Through manipulation of the Traveler's energies, Hunters learned how to survive in the wild, assassinate their prey, and reclaim lost secrets of the Golden Age. They are daring scouts and stealthy killers, experts with knives and precision weapons. Hunters blaze their own trails and write their own laws. Though some fear them as being dangerous, their bravery has saved many lives and led to many discoveries dating back to the Golden Age.
Among the culture of Hunters, Hunters who become close friends are expected to take up the cloaks of their fallen comrades to finish business that they started. They may also paint a vermilion stripe upon their forehead. Most Hunters painted the stripe at some point in their lives.
- "Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw – at least not any more – but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever."
- — Class description
All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature. All Guardians have a double jump ability and a grenade ability whose effects vary by class. All these abilities can be upgraded over time and can be used in competitive PvP.
- Gunslinger—"A lone wolf who lives for the perfect shot." A medium to long distance Solar class suited for engaging single or sometimes multiple targets with precision shooting and large amounts of damage.
- Bladedancer—"(Destiny 1) Beautiful lethality, relentless style." An Arc-powered class suited for close-range crowd control. Unlocked at level 15.
- Nightstalker—"Draw from the Void. Light the way." A Void-based support class suited for weakening enemies while strengthening Fireteams as well as featuring crowd control, stealth, and tracking. First made available in The Taken King.
- Super—Shadowshot: Tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies.
- Grenades—Spike Grenade, Voidwall Grenade, Vortex Grenade
- Melee—Smoke: Throw Smoke to slow and disorient those within its cloud. There is an option within that column to alter smoke and make both disorient and damage enemies over time whils they are in your smoke cloud. Using a smoke and grenade at the same time is often referred to as a "wombo combo".
- Jump—Double Jump; Triple Jump
- Arcstrider—"Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder." An Arc-based subclass suited for close-combat and mobility. First made available in Destiny 2.
- Super—Arc Staff: Charge your staff with Arc Light and consume your foes with lightning.
- Grenades—Skip Grenade, Flux Grenade, Arcbolt Grenade
- Melee—Pressure-Point Punch: Deliver a precise, Arc-charged punch to enemies.
- Jump—High Jump; Strafe Jump; Triple Jump, Blink.
- Revenant—"From a whisper to a roar, be the calm and the storm." A Stasis-based subclass suited for crowd control and area-damage. First made available in Beyond Light.
- Super—Silence and Squall: Channel Stasis to form a deadly pair of Kamas. Throw the first blade towards enemies and freeze them in place. Follow it up with the second blade which detonates on impact and creates a Stasis storm that hunts down enemies.
- Grenades—Glacier Grenade, Duskfield Grenade, Coldsnap Grenade
- Melee—Withering Blade: Toss a Stasis Shuriken at targets to damage and slow them.
- Jump—High Jump; Strafe Jump; Triple Jump
- Dead End Cure (D.E.C.)
- Death Dealers
- Icarus Drifters
- Shadowjacks
- Six Coyotes
|Anastasia Bray||Vanguard||Voice of Rasputin||Alive|
|Cayde-6||Vanguard||Hunter Vanguard Representative||Deceased||
|Lady Efrideet||Iron Lords||Member||Alive|
|Shaw Han||Vanguard||Vanguard Operative||Alive|
|Eris Morn||The Hidden||Member||Alive||
|Katabasis||Loyalists||Shadow of Calus||Deceased|
|Andal Brask||Vanguard||Hunter Vanguard||Deceased||
|Chalco Yong||The Hidden||Member||Alive|
|Lord Gheleon||Iron Lords||Iron Lord||Deceased|
|Himura Shinobu||Six Coyotes||Member|
|Lisbon-13||The Hidden||Member||Alive||Sole surviving member of the Kentarch 3|
|Kauko Swiftriver||Vanguard||Hunter Vanguard||Deceased|
|Kit Ali Ameir||Vanguard||Guardian||
|Lady Perun||Iron Lords||Iron Lady||Deceased|
|Tallulah Fairwind||Vanguard||Hunter Vanguard||Deceased||
|Therin Vai||Six Coyotes||Member|
- Destiny marks the third time a group of entities in a Bungie game has been named "Hunters", the other two being Marathon and Halo. It also marks the first time that Hunters are not an enemy class.
- The Hunter's outfit is shown to have a 50:50 fabric to armor ratio. Its visual design is meant to look like they scavenge the wilderness for gear, with torn capes and gear based on HAZMAT material.
- So far, Hunters are the only Guardians that do not have any orders within the Last City, unlike the Titans and Warlocks. It is possible that due to the "lone wolf" mindset of the Hunters and their desire to explore, the Hunters do not tend to have orders bound to the city.
- However, some Hunters organize themselves into Groups, mostly for exploring and assassination missions.
- The Hunters won the second Guardian Games.
A Hunter (center) in The Law Of The Jungle live action trailer.
List of appearances
- IGN: Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams
- Destiny.bungie.org: Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King, Activision Blizzard - Item Description: Vermilion Stripe 1.0
- [http://www.destructoid.com/destiny-s-combat-is-solid-but-i-m-not-so-sure-about-the-rest-of-it-273692.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Destructoid: Destiny's Combat is Solid, But I'm Not So Sure About the Rest of it.
- Destiny Players: Warlock controls
- MMORPG: Delving Into Bungie's Vision
- Bungie.net: The Mail Sack of Your Dreams
- If it's the first character created, otherwise interchangeable after character creation is done and story mode has been started.
- YouTube: Thank You, Destiny Community
- Bungie.net: The Taken King: Nighstalker
- Eurogamer: Destiny 2 PS4 exclusive content - PlayStation 4's Lake of Shadows strike, City Apex ship, Borealis weapon, exclusive armour and Retribution map detailed
- Polygon: Bungie outlines ambitions for Destiny's extensive character customization