The Last Word
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
- "Yours…not mine."
- —Renegade Hunter Shin Malphur to Dredgen Yor
The Last Word is an exotic hand cannon first introduced in Destiny Year One. A Year Two version of The Last Word is available in The Taken King. The Last word excels in Crucible because of its' fast rate of fire and high impact. This hand cannon has been nerfed from its Year 1 itineration, with changes made to a bug that made it deal over 100 damage per headshot and would kill an enemy Guardian with only two shots. The current Year 3 version still retains the signature firing but not takes between 3 to 5 shots to kill and enemy Guardian.
The Last Word belonged to the Hunter Jaren Ward. It takes its name from the exchange between himself and the petty tyrant Loken. After Jaren's death, the gun passed to his adoptive son Shin Malphur, who used it in his legendary showdown with the fallen Guardian Dredgen Yor.
Unlike most hand cannons, the Last Word can be fired rapidly without taking your finger off the trigger at the cost significant recoil. One of its special upgrades, The Last Word, increases accuracy and damage from hip-fire shots.
In Year 2, the Last Word's signature ability returns, lacking the previously given damage boost for hip fire, the rest of the weapon remains unchanged (Excluding its inclusion in Year 2's Infusion system)
- The Last Word has been labeled as the "yang" of the Destiny universe (as opposed to the Thorn, which is the "yin").
- When firing, the player will "fan" the gun with their left hand, a technique associated with old western single-action revolvers.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- ^ Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age 2
- ^ Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The Last Word 3
- ^ Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Last Word
- ^ Bungie Podcast - September 2013