From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "I dive to understand."
- — Weapon description
The Navigator is an Exotic Trace Rifle added in Season of the Deep. It can be acquired by random drop from the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon, and the drop rate can be increased by completing dungeon triumphs.
- Protective Weave: Firing this weapon at an ally grants Woven Mail to both the user and the target.
- Full Bore: Barrel optimized for distance. Greatly increases range, decreases stability, slightly decreases handling speed.
- Light Battery: Lightweight, agile battery. Increases handling speed, increases reload speed.
- Weft Cutter: Dealing sustained damage severs the target.
- While not listed, triggering Weft Cutter will also trigger Protective Weave, granting or extending the duration of Woven Mail for the user.
- Composite Stock: This weapon has a versatile dual-purpose stock. Slightly increases stability, slightly increases handling speed.
The catalyst can be acquired from a chest after defeating Thul-Ar, Acolyte of Nokris and upon upgrading it will gain the following perks:
- Gordian Knot: Special reload and then fire to create a Grapple Tangle at the targeted location.
I dive to understand.
My brother —
Uttered by Xivu Arath —
God of War —
A GIFT. My true death was from necessity. The others were from love. The Ecumene had cornered us, made us act with sickness. With my power, Auryx murdered our sister. And with our power, Auryx descended into the Deep. And with our power, Oryx's wings spread wide, and he blotted out the Ecumene's sky.
MY COURT. With his memory and his acts of war he brought me back with all the splendor of a love that sharpens and kills.
A GRAVE. I will find his corpse, where he rots. He deserved to die. We do not dig graves.
THE SPIRE. I will take what is true and break it until it can no longer be broken. I will find my sister's secrets and break them as well.
VOYAGE. My love spills out. My love engulfs. I will go out into the universe as my brother did. I will do so with my memory of him.
- The name 'The Navigator' is a reference to Oryx, who had that as one of his many titles.
- The "Gordian knot" was an Ancient Greek legend of a complex knot tethering an oxcart; whoever was able to untie it would be fated to rule all of Asia. Alexander the Great "untied" the knot by cutting it in half with his sword, and the knot has since become a metaphor for any sufficiently advanced problem that a disproportionately simple solution can solve.
- The use of this term for the catalyst's name is likely in reference to the Navigator's offensive capabilities, which focus on Tangle/grapple Tangle generation (a "knot" of Strand matter) and the application of Sever (the "cleaving" of targets from Strand's psychic matrix.)
- Alternatively, it may also reference the contrast between Xivu Arath, God of War and her siblings, applying the Sword Logic through brute force in comparison to Savathûn's cunning and Oryx's navigation.
- Gordian Knot's icon was originally different, but was changed in update 18.104.22.168 after it was discovered to have possible associations with musician Lorin "Bassnectar" Ashton due to the similar appearance of his personal logo. The patch notes for this change erroneously state that Protective Weave's icon had been changed; this is untrue.
List of appearances