From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
10 arrow inventory
1328 draw time
- "Cast a Shadow over the wilds of this universe. Return with glorious trophies."
- — Emperor Calus
Leviathan's Breath is an Exotic Bow added in the Season of the Undying. It was obtained by quest available to Season Pass owners until Season of Arrivals, where it became purchasable from Master Rahool for 100,000 Glimmer, 200 Microphasic Datalattice, 3 Enhancement Prisms, and an Exotic Cipher.
Unlike other bows, Leviathan's Breath is a power weapon that consumes heavy ammo. When fully drawn, it is capable of massive damage to boss enemies, and near if not outright fatal damage to lesser enemies and PvP opponents. In addition, the Leviathan's Sigh perk also provides some splash knockback and damage, making it slightly more forgiving when it comes to aim. The main shortfall is in reactivity due to the very long draw time, which can be crucial when facing PvP opponents, especially at closer ranges. However, it is a good choice in Gambit, where the invader spawns are predictable and allows for easy shutdowns of enemy invaders.
- Big-Game Hunter: Fires a massive heavy bolt that staggers unshielded enemy combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Chain Bowstring: Heavy-duty bowstring. Cabal design. • Slightly increases accuracy • Increases stability
- Fiberglass Arrow Shaft: Heavy and consistent. • Greatly increases accuracy • Slightly decreases stability
- Leviathan's Sigh: When fully drawn, the bolt creates a large concussive blast that knocks enemies back.
The catalyst can drop from any ritual activity and upon upgrading it will gain the following perks:
- +5 Inventory Size
- Archer's Tempo: Draw time decreases after a precision hit.
Don't ask me where I heard this—I honestly can't remember—but legend has it this Bow has fouled more behemoths and seen more of the known universe than the whole Vanguard combined. You hear a lot of stories when you work as a Gunsmith as long as I have, and this Bow has a wild one. This thing is the king of killers. Almost got Ghaul too. I think it was, um, Calus, who had it crafted for his huntsmaster—what's her name? Voyc? Yeah.
Anyway, Calus had this obsession with collecting the hides and heads of the rarest and most formidable creatures Voyc could find. And with this Bow, she was real good at it. Gwern, the Unbeatable—defeated. Giant sea monsters—taken down to size. I even heard she slayed an Ahamkara, which is very impressive if it's true.
Calus was so thrilled with her that she got a promotion. Of sorts. It wasn't common knowledge. He called her "The Shadow of the Wilds," which never sat right with me. Psion Flayers aren't known for their stealth. She was his assassin. When she wasn't hunting prize game, she was doing Calus's dirty work in the most remote corners of the galaxy.
When Ghaul attacked the Tower, Calus thought this would be the perfect time to strike and ordered Voyc to do Ghaul in. Take a guess how that worked out. Makes you wonder who got to her first, 'cause with this Bow in her hand, she shouldn't have failed. I'd like to attribute this to user error, 'cause when I found the Bow near her corpse, it was still in pristine condition. I'm glad I grabbed it before the Tower was evacuated. Could all just be hearsay, but there's a real chance to vindicate this work of art and give it a legacy worth preserving. Hunting is fine, but Guardians have a greater purpose.
- The lore tab was modified with the release of Season of Dawn. A comparison between the two versions of the lore tab can be found here.
- After firing, you can hear The Guardian pant from exhaustion due to the bow's chain being extremely heavy to pull back
List of appearances