- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
- "Select application: Ballistic engagement. Entrenching tool. Avionics trawl. Troll smasher. Stellar sextant. List continues."
- —Weapon description
MIDA Multi-Tool is an Exotic Scout rifle obtainable in Destiny. It can be obtained by either purchasing it from Xûr, Agent of the Nine or by Primary weapon Engram drops. A Year Two version of the MIDA Multi-Tool is available in The Taken King. When Rise of Iron released, the MIDA Multi-Tool became one of the few Exotic weapons to have Ornaments, which have a chance of being dropped from a Radiant Treasure.
The MIDA Multi-Tool comes from an alternate timeline when a revolutionary group called MIDA had ruled Mars. It, along with the MIDA Mini-Tool, are the only known artifacts from this alternate timeline.
The MIDA Multi-Tool is the first of three Exotic scout rifles introduced in Destiny, the other two being the Boolean Gemini and the Touch of Malice. It is noted for its unique RoF-impact archetype, which has very few contenders.
- Soft Ballistics: Less recoil. Penalty to impact.
- CQB Ballistics: Greatly reduced recoil. Significant penalty to range.
- Smart Drift Control: Predictable and controllable recoil. Penalty to range.
- Third Eye: Radar stays active while aiming down this weapon's sights.
- Lightweight: When held, this weapon grants +2 character agility.
- Quickdraw: This weapon can be drawn unbelievably fast.
- Field Scout: Increases carried ammo capacity.
- MIDA Multi-Tool: This weapon boosts movement speed and fires on a hair trigger.
MIDA Multi-Tool lacks strong, situational abilities like other exotics do, but it compensates for this in performing well in all situations. Characterized by strong handling traits, it is a very responsive weapon that sees a lot of use. For one, its naturally fast rate of fire, combined with high accuracy and stability, will put most foes down in a matter of seconds. Third Eye is a great awareness perk for when tracking enemy movement, allowing the player to more easily respond to and retaliate against enemy assaults, increasing your survivability. It can also help to predict and judge the distance from your target. The exotic perk gives the weapon extra utility by increasing the player's base movement speed as well as enabling it to be fired on a hair trigger, reducing the pressure needed to press that trigger. This means that one can effectively rapidly fire bullets across a corridor and lock it down, suppressing any enemy that tries to fight back. The MIDA Multi-Tool can pin down targets across any range, and as such makes it a versatile weapon with many applications.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)