From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Select application: Flare gun. Water purifier. Interplanetary Positioning System. Encyclopædia Arcana. Personal flotation device. List continues."
- — Weapon description
MIDA Mini-Tool is a Legendary Submachine Gun in Destiny 2. It is awarded from Devrim Kay upon completion of the EDZ World Quest Enhance!, which can only be started when the main campaign is finished.
Select application: Flare gun. Water purifier. Interplanetary Positioning System. Encyclopædia Arcana. Personal flotation device. List continues.
2472/11/17 — 4.9°S 0°E AUDIO ONLY Strauss is gone. Whole sky alight as his ship set off. I might be the last MIDA survivor on Mars. The gun detected teleports yesterday and I had to move camp. Cannot shake the fear that they will send battleroids; even this AI marvel couldn't save me. Shot the ice this morning. The gun fired a thermal round and then a pellet of water purifier. Came out pure and sweet. Marvelous. I've been reading the gun's Encyclopedia Arcana. All about the crash that became Strauss's obsession and hope. "Metastability in the salvaged construct!" Ha ha! Let's hope our ideals too can pass through grief, fury, and envy into a new freedom elsewhere. Wonder if the gun heard me when I asked to go somewhere better. Wonder why it led me here. Going to follow its compass tonight. Down below.
- Lightweight Frame: Superb handling. Move faster with this weapon equipped.
- Fluted Barrel: Ultra light barrel. • Greatly increases handling speed • Slightly increases stability
- Alloy Magazine: Faster reloads when the magazine is empty.
- MIDA Synergy: This weapon grants speed benfits when MIDA Multi-Tool is also equipped.
- The date on the lore tab for the MIDA Mini-Tool could be used as a reference to Halo's Master Chief whose designation is John-117 or Sierra-117.
- However, the Marathon game series was released well before Halo: Combat Evolved, eluding to the fact that Bungie may have had the storyline of Halo developed around 5 years before Halo: Combat Evolved was released or that Bungie took the numbers 1,1, and 7 respectively from the last 3 numbers in the date.
- A variant of the MIDA Mini-Tool with randomized perks appeared in Season of Opulence in the form of the CALUS Mini-Tool.
- From the lore tab and description, it is possible that the MIDA Mini-Tool as seen in gameplay is actually a fully automatic flare gun rather than a purpose-built submachine gun, seeing as the application "flare gun" takes the place of "ballistic engagement" seen in the MIDA Multi-Tool's description.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)