From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
February 28th, 2023
- "Because only in the end are we free."
- — The Witness
- "The Witness has arrived, threatening the City, the Traveler, and all of Sol. Aided by it's newest Disciple, Emperor Calus, the Witness aims to bring about a second collapse. Race Emperor Calus to the edge of the Solar System. Learn the only days of the Cloud Striders, wield Strand, a new power of the Darkness, and bring an end to Calus's reign." - Upon hovering over the Lightfall DLC icon in the director.
- "Our end begins. Prevent the apocalypse by racing emperor Calus to the edge of the solar system. Master Strand, a new power of the Darkness, and discover a secret neon metropolis on Neptune." - Upon clicking DLC in the directory.
- In a Neptunian city under siege, find strength in your fellow Guardians as the ends to all things approaches—the Witness is here. arm yourself with new rewards and unlock new Dark powers to triumph in Lightfall's unforgettable Legendary mode. - Lightfall DLC page brief summary of campaign in respective stores.
- Harness Darkness and pluck at the threads of reality with this new subclass. Flow through the city with newfound speed as you grapple from building to building. Every class can tap into this new element, but it's up to you to create the perfect build. - Lightfall DLC page, brief summary of the new subclass "Strand" on respective stores.
- Travel to Neptune and discover a metropolis unlike any you've explored in Destiny 2. Meet the Cloud Striders, join the fight against the Shadow Legion, and prevent devastation in the technologically advanced secret city of Neomuna. - Lightfall DLC page brief summary of Neptune's city in respective stores.
- New Missions and Quests
- Legendary Campaign Difficulty
- New Destination
- New Exotic Weapons and Gear
- An All New Raid
- All New Subclass
- And More
Guardian subclasses & changes
Strand: This allows the player to control the strands of life. You can grapple on things and in thin air. Warlock - "Architect" (Telekinesis), Titan - "Tyrant" (Spikes), Hunter - "Threadrunner" (Rope Dart). 
- New Armor
- New Weapons
- New Exotics
- New Cosmetics
- New Weapon Perks
- New Campaign
- New Strikes
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
- Lightfall is the seventh expansion to be published by Bungie.
- The title in French and Spanish is Eclipse, and in Brazilian Portuguese is Sombra ("Shadow").
- Lightfall was originally the final content pack for the Dark vs Light story of Destiny, however, Bungie realized around the time of delaying The Witch Queen that they needed one more chapter to complete what is now referred to as "The Light and Darkness Saga."
- It was originally supposed to launch in 2022; however, its release date was later pushed to 2023.
- Comes with the tagline, "Our End Begins".