From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
For more information, see the citation policy.
February 28th, 2023
- "Because only in the end are we free."
- — The Witness
Lightfall is the seventh expansion of Destiny 2 and eleventh expansion of the Destiny franchise.
- "The Witness has arrived, threatening the City, the Traveler, and all of Sol. Aided by its newest Disciple, Emperor Calus, the Witness aims to bring about a second collapse. Race Emperor Calus to the edge of the Solar System. Learn the ways of the Cloud Striders, wield Strand, a new power of the Darkness, and bring an end to Calus's reign." - Upon hovering over the Lightfall DLC icon in the director.
- "Our end begins. Prevent the apocalypse by racing emperor Calus to the edge of the solar system. Master Strand, a new power of the Darkness, and discover a secret neon metropolis on Neptune." - Upon clicking DLC in the directory.
- In a Neptunian city under siege, find strength in your fellow Guardians as the ends to all things approaches—the Witness is here. arm yourself with new rewards and unlock new Dark powers to triumph in Lightfall's unforgettable Legendary mode. - Lightfall DLC page brief summary of campaign in respective stores.
- Harness Darkness and pluck at the threads of reality with this new subclass. Flow through the city with newfound speed as you grapple from building to building. Every class can tap into this new element, but it's up to you to create the perfect build. - Lightfall DLC page, brief summary of the new subclass "Strand" on respective stores.
- Travel to Neptune and discover a metropolis unlike any you've explored in Destiny 2. Meet the Cloud Striders, join the fight against the Shadow Legion, and prevent devastation in the technologically advanced secret city of Neomuna. - Lightfall DLC page brief summary of Neptune's city in respective stores.
- New Missions and Quests
- Legendary Campaign Difficulty
- New Destination
- New Exotic Weapons and Gear
- Confront an Ancient Danger in an All New Raid - Root of Nightmares
- All New Subclass
- And More
Guardian Subclasses & Changes
- Strand: The second Darkness subclass, after Stasis in Beyond Light. This element allows Guardians to control the strings of life from the Weave. You can grapple on things and in thin air through the grenade button, summon creatures that will fight for you called threadlings, create tangles, etc. Warlock - "Broodweaver" (Needlestorm), Titan - "Berserker" (Bladefury), Hunter - "Threadrunner" (Silkstrike). 
- Void and Solar: Guardians are able to create Void Breaches and Firesprites respectively through specific fragments.
- Added the following fragmemts for existing subclasses: Spark of Instinct and Spark of Haste for Arc, Echo of Cessation and Echo of Vigilance for Void, and Ember of Mercy and Ember of Resolve for Solar.
- Different subclass verbs can stun a specific type of Champion:
- Barrier: Radiant, Volatile Rounds, and Unraveling Rounds.
- Overload: Slow, Jolt, and Suppression.
- Unstoppable: Ignition, Shatter, Blind, and Suspend.
- New Armor
- New Weapons
- New Exotics
- New Cosmetics
- New Weapon Perks
- First Contact
- Under Siege
- On the Verge
- No Time Left
- Desperate Measures
- New Strike: Hypernet Current
- Lake of Shadows and The Arms Dealer strikes have their encounters and enemy density changed, with The Inverted Spire and Exodus Crash getting the same treatment later in the year.
- PsiOps Battlegrounds from Season of the Risen and Heist Battlegrounds from Season of the Seraph are now integrated into Vanguard Ops playlist.
- Battlegrounds are now a part of Nightfall strikes, beginning with the Mars Heist Battlegrounds.
- Adept difficulty and Match Game modifier are both removed in all PvE activities including Nightfall.
- Vanguard Ops has a scoring system and upon reaching 30,000 points in either Vanguard Ops or Nightfall, with reputation multiplier increases up to 7x upon reaching 200,000 points.
- Root of Nightmares: Ferried from an unknown time and place, a haunting presence has been detected. We must now confront the ancient threat growing at our doorstep.
- Meltdown returns in Season of the Deep.
- Citadel returns in Season 23.
- A new map located in the Vex Domain, launching in Season 22.
- Countdown launching in Lightfall.
- Checkmate launching in Season 22.
- Thrilladrome - An arcade Lost Sector located in Neomuna.
- Hydroponics Delta - A food production facility Lost Lector located in Neomuna.
- Gilded Precept - A secret wing of the Typhon Imperator in Neomuna.
- Season of Defiance - Season 20
- Season of the Deep - Season 21
- TBA - Season 22
- TBA - Season 23
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
- Lightfall is the seventh expansion to be published by Bungie.
- The title in French and Spanish is Eclipse, and in Brazilian Portuguese is Sombra ("Shadow").
- Lightfall was originally the final content pack for the Dark vs Light story of Destiny, however, Bungie realized around the time of delaying The Witch Queen that they needed one more chapter to complete what is now referred to as "The Light and Darkness Saga."
- It was originally supposed to launch in 2022; however, its release date was later pushed to 2023.
- Lightfall's tagline is "Our End Begins".
- Lightfall is the second campaign to mainly feature Cabal as its antagonists, the first being Red War
The Witch Queen
The Final Shape