Season of the Hunt
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Season of the Hunt|
November 10th, 2020
February 9th, 2021
|“||I know how accomplished you are at exacting revenge.||”|
Season of the Hunt is the twelfth season of Destiny 2 and the flagship season of Beyond Light, occurring from November 10th, 2020 until February 9th, 2021. It kicked off the launch of Beyond Light and began its first seasonal mission on November 17th, 2020. During the season's plot, Guardians must pushback the High Celebrant of Xivu Arath from raising an army of Wrathborn with the aid of Osiris, The Spider and a renegade Lightbearer known only as The Crow.
Story: Rise Of A Hive God
- "Entire planets have vanished. In the chaos that follows, Xivu Arath, the Hive God of War boldly moves to seize power. If left unchecked, she threatens a solar system already in turmoil. While investigating the growing threat, Osiris finds himself in need of help. Fortunately, a new – and yet familiar – ally known as the Crow joins you in the rescue..."
Activities: The Hunt Begins
- "Hive shrines are appearing throughout the system. The Spider has felt the effect of this disturbance and wants to strike a bargain. Work with him and the Crow to build a device that will draw Xivu Arath's lieutenants out of hiding. Once constructed, upgrade your Lure, snare your prey, and challenge the Hive god."
Exotics & Gear: Bare Your Fangs
- "Exotic Quest: Hawkmoon
Let loose thy talons upon the Darkness. Hawkmoon returns and your quest begins"
- "Seasonal Artifact: Fang of Xivu Arath
Pulled from the jaws of a Hive God, the Fang of Xivu Arath increases your Power every time it's upgraded. Unlock new Seasonal mods and choose new ways to customize your playstyle."
- "Exotic Shotgun: Duality
Calmly aim down the sights or fire wildly from the hip. Unlock the true potential of this new Exotic Shotgun by embracing its duality."
Rewards: Season Pass
- "Gear, XP, rewards! Get the Season Pass and instantly unlock the new Seasonal armor set and new Exotic Shotgun, Duality. You also get an XP boost that speeds up your Seasonal ranks and engram unlocks."
Guardians use Crow's device, known as the Cryptolith Lure, to draw out Fallen and Hive corrupted by Xivu Arath into an army known as Wrathborn. They use the lures to draw out Wrathborn, hunt them to their lairs, and kill powerful Wrathborn that are summoned after their death.
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
- It was originally scheduled for release on September 22nd, 2020 (the same day Beyond Light would've launched); however, it got delayed to November.