- "Six of us went down into the pit. Only one crawled out. I am Eris, the last. I have seen what the Hive call a god."
- —Eris Morn
Eris Morn was a vendor found in the Tower in Destiny as of the implementation of The Dark Below. She is also an important character in The Taken King, serving as the Vanguard's authority on the Hive and Oryx. She left during The Dawning before the events of Destiny 2 to learn more about the Hive.
Descent into the Hellmouth
Eris was one of six Guardians who descended into the Hellmouth to kill the Hive god Crota in revenge for the deaths of thousands of Guardians who had tried to reclaim the Moon during The Great Disaster. Though the other five members of her Fireteam, Eriana-3, Toland, the Shattered, Omar Agah, Vell Tarlowe, and Sai Mota, died during the venture and her own Ghost was lost, Eris managed to survive in the Hellmouth's shadowy warrens for years. She lost her eyes to the Hive, but replaced them with those of a Hive enemy, third eye included. Eris learned much about the Hive and its hierarchy, eventually finding a way to leave the moon and return to Earth.
Return to the Tower
- "My role among the Hidden is an honor."
"None would argue. But it's had its cost. Your place is to gather the understanding we need to wage these wars, but your own war is long done. Let those prepared to fight, fight."
"And should they die?"
"None who walk these Towers is afraid..."
- —Eris and Ikora Rey
Eris eventually returned to the Last City alive, but changed. Her obsession with Crota made her a pariah back at the Tower, but though the Speaker and Commander Zavala believed her obsession unhealthy and made her untrustworthy, Ikora Rey secretly employed her as a member of the Hidden to infiltrate and keep watch on the activities of the Darkness. Though she worked for Ikora, she also conspired with Osiris and Queen Mara Sov of the Reef.
Eventually Eris informed Ikora that the Hive were becoming more active, and that Omnigul had left the Hellmouth. She was concerned that the Hive was targeting the warmind Rasputin in the Cosmodrome, and that if such a being was twisted by the Hive all would be lost. Ikora asked her to remain at the Tower to aid in the battle against the Hive and promised to convince the other Vanguard leaders to listen to Eris, while also promising to find Guardians to aid her.
War against Crota
- "Crota's soul is banished. You have given me the gift of vengeance. I thank you... and even if they don't know it yet... The City thanks you."
- —Eris Morn
After learning of a newly risen Guardian who raided The World's Grave on behalf of the Speaker, Eris summoned the Guardian. She declared the Speaker a fool for not seeing that the true threat was Crota, and tasked the Guardian with slaying the Swarm Princes and destroying the Sword of Crota, which the Vanguard mistakenly believed had been destroyed long ago. After they succeeded, Eris requested they kill Sardon, Fist of Crota, who was leading the Hive in the Cosmodrome in preparation for the revival of Crota's soul. Sardon was defeated, but Omnigul was spotted in the Cosmodrome as well. Eris learned that Omnigul was targeting Rasputin, proving her previous concerns about the Hive's plans correct. She sent the Guardian to stop Omnigul from destroying or corrupting the warmind, which would allow the Hive to invade Earth without worrying about Rasputin's defenses. Eris was surprised when Rasputin allowed access to his bunker, and was shocked to discover Omnigul had already found a way inside. The Guardian stopped Crota's mate, and Eris summoned them back to the Tower to discuss how they would stop the Hive from waking Crota's soul.
Eris tasked the Guardian with going to the Temple of Crota and stopping the Wakers of Crota from beginning a ritual to restore Crota's soul. When the Guardian arrived, they discovered that the ritual had already begun, and Eris desperately urged them onward to stop it from being completed. After the Guardian destroyed the Wakers, Eris directed them to destroy the crystal that the Wizards were using for the ritual. Once it was destroyed she thanked the Guardian for banishing Crota's soul and bringing her some measure of vengeance for her fallen friends. With Crota's soul banished, Eris declared that Omnigul now had to die in order to truly ensure that Crota could not return to the world. She had located Omnigul in the Skywatch, where she was creating a new Hive army to carry out Crota's will. Once the Guardian slew Omnigul, Eris thanked them and hoped that her friends would now find some measure of peace. She rewarded the Guardian with the Fusion Rifle Murmur. Eventually, the Guardian also killed Crota, venturing into the Ascendant Realm and slaying him at his Oversoul Throne.
The Taken War
With Crota's death, Eris turned her attention to his master and father, Oryx, and for this purpose she turned to Queen Mara Sov of the Reef and the exiled Warlock Osiris for help. The three met in the Queen's throne room in the Reef, where Eris declared that she had no wish to play any games of politics with them and was only there to ensure a united front met Oryx when he invaded the system. The Queen agreed with her, and the three began plotting to end the Taken King. She kept her alliance with the Queen and Osiris secret from the City's leadership. During the Wolf Rebellion she secretly met with Prince Uldren Sov at the Vestian Outpost, avoiding the other Guardians who were now allowed into the Reef. She informed Uldren that she had news from the beyond that the Queen needed to hear. Together they formed a plan to defeat Oryx; the Awoken would prevent his fleet from entering the inner system, while Eris would help the Guardians enter the Dreadnaught and kill Oryx. She is one of the guides in The Taken King, and among the first to detect the threat of the Taken.
Cayde-6 liked to refer to her as his "creepy sidekick" in their efforts to stop Oryx, much to her immense annoyance. When Eris found out that her ship was destroyed in Cayde's mission to board the Dreadnaught, she is enraged at Cayde for the loss. Despite her anger, she still worked with him to help bring down Oryx. However, once Oryx is defeated permanently, she refused to let go of her anger.
Last Days in the Tower
During the Festival of the Lost Eris was approached by Cayde-6 and told him to leave if he did not have a replacement ship for her. Cayde attempted to get her into a more festive mood, but Eris dismissed him by listing all that she had lost, including her friends, her Ghost, and her ship. He offered her a sweet treat from a smuggled package that Kadi 55-30 had confiscated, which Eris refused and bid him once more to begone until he had a new ship.
Eris reluctantly assisted Eva Levante in decorating the Tower during the Dawning. Eris viewed the festival as trivial and a waste of time while the servants of the Darkness still lingered. Eva attempted to convince her that joy and hope was important in fighting the Darkness, but Eris viewed it all as pretending. Eva stated only joyful Guardians could defeat the Darkness, and that holding the Dawning festival was her way of making that happen, causing Eris to wish her a happy Dawning.
Shortly after the Dawning, Eris visited an old friend in the hospital, a Warlock by the name Asher Mir. She spoke to his catatonic body, telling him her time in the City was over, as she had accomplished all she set out to do there. She decided to find a new way to eliminate the Hive, and that she could not find it within the City's walls. Before leaving, she spoke a grim warning; that a "storm" was coming, and she would not be with them when it broke. This storm would end up becoming the Red Legion assault on the City and the beginnings of the Red War.
- "You saved us all. Your sacrifice—"
"I am still here. My sacrifice was—"
"And I should ask new heroes to fall... as they did?"
"It is why we were reborn in the Light.""
- —Ikora Rey and Eris
Players must speak to Eris to unlock the Story Missions and Will of Crota strike in The Dark Below, as she is the story agent for the expansion. Besides offering quests, Eris offers her own bounties and has her own reputation stat. She sells unique shaders, emblems, class items, and a few upgrade materials specific to the expansion.
When The Dark Below is obtained, Eris will hand over a quest line called the Rise of Crota. After completing the quest and its missions, Eris will award you with the legendary fusion rifle Murmur. Eris will give you two quest lines, The Extermination and the Urn of Sacrifice. The Extermination will award you with the Mark of the Duskborn, Cloak of the Dusktorn, or "Curse of the Hidden" depending on your class. The Urn of Sacrifice will award you with Knightbone Guard, Acolyte Rung, or Thrallskin Brace depending on your class.
Available items for purchase depends on what level of reputation the player has with her. Unlike many other vendors, she sells upgrade materials and ammo synthesis in exchange for Black Wax Idols.
|1||Dark Harvest (Emblem; 1000 glimmer)|
|2|| Sigil of Night (Emblem, 1000 glimmer)|
Predawne (Shader, 1500 glimmer)
Class Items (2500 glimmer)
|3|| Blade of Crota (Emblem, 1000 glimmer)|
Middaye (Shader, 1500 glimmer)
|4|| Sunsetting (Shader, 1500 glimmer)|
Class Items (2500 glimmer)
|3|| Runed Core (5 Black Wax Idol)|
Embalming Orb (10 Black Wax Idol)
Special Ammo Synthesis (2 Black Wax Idol)
Heavy Ammo Synthesis (5 Black Wax Idol)
|4|| Radiant Shard (500 glimmer, 1 Black Wax Idol, 1 Radiant Energy)|
Radiant Energy (500 glimmer, 1 Black Wax Idol, 1 Radiant Shard)
- "One little, two little, three little Hive. You killed so many, now none are alive."
- "His father won't forgive us for this... Oryx will come for us."
- "My eyes I was born with are down in that pit buried in the Guardian that I once was."
- "We are bonded forever Guardian."
- "You delivered us all from my suffering."
- "You must tell me how Crota looked as he died."
- "Be vigilant, listen for the name Oryx."
- "You give me hope."
- "The Guardians who fell can sleep now, thanks to you."
- "They took my Light, I took their eyes."
- "I felt it the moment Crota died."
- "Vengeance is yours."
- "Now you know my suffering."
- "You will be remembered."
- "Crota is dead."
- "So many years lost but it was all worthwhile."
- "I wish I could have been there to witness Crota's fall."
- "There is nothing you can't do now Guardian."
- "The Temple of Crota rages at your offense Guardian, rages at your light."
- "She still listens, I've told her what you've done."
- "Go! Haunt them! As they haunted me!"
- "What have they done to you? What horrors have you seen?"
- "The abominations protect what they value."
- "The father remains, we will need you again."
- "You finished what we started."
- "Have you faced the Swarm?"
- "The Spawn of Crota. Have you seen them?"
- "Crota's tomb is unhinged."
- "I never hoped. I never dared to dream that Crota could be killed."
- "In you, Guardian, I have found redemption."
- "Yes, I can tell that you have been tested... Now things will become interesting."
- "The eyes I ripped from them can see further than the eyes that I lost, the visions haunt me."
- "When the Hive took my eyes, I took theirs in return."
- "I wonder, do the Hive fear your Light?"
- "The emerald flame, I can still feel its heat."
- "His wrath could end worlds, but his father... I cannot imagine his wrath... The stars will weep."
- "What if the Prince had Brothers? Sisters? I never considered that."
- "An eye for an eye you see? They took one, but I took three."
- "The city sleeps Guardian, the Hive do not."
- "You haven't seen Darkness... Not yet."
- "The City's walls are not shelter, they are a mask to cover our fear."
- "They took my light... I took their eyes."
- "The third eye sees more keen in the dark."
- "In the end I spent more years with the Hive than the Guardians I fought with."
- "I was right... I was right all along... I wasn't mad."
- "With its dying breath, the Traveler created Ghosts... to open doors."
- "All things are possible now."
- "Finish it!"
- "How long has it been since I lost her?"
- "I hope the Speaker knows what you've done."
- "I never believed it could be done."
- "I thought we'd lost you."
- "I wish I weren't the only one left to see what you've done."
- "Ikora understands. She's the only one who understands. Without her, I'd be alone."
- "It gets better. You get used to the pain."
- "It will soon be over. One way or another."
- "No one else can do what must be done."
- "Omnigul is dead, the Will is broken."
- "Such a brave light. Prepare yourself for what comes next."
- "Tell everyone: if you aren't hunting Crota, you're just killing time until he gets here."
- "The soul is banished, but Crota still lives."
- "You are changed, Guardian."
- "You honor the names of those who fell."
- "You've defeated his Will, but the body remains."
- "How long have the Hive been on our Moon? No time according to their standards. Imagine the kings of their worlds."
- "I am bidden to grant you dried fruit candies."
- "Oryx still lives."
- "Am I supposed to celebrate death? It's a time of mourning our lost, yet everyone is... smiling. Candy will not save you! Sugar is a fickle friend. People say I am disturbing." (sighs) "Happy Festival of the Lost, I suppose."
- Eris is the goddess of discord in Greek mythology.
- During the Festival of the Lost, Eris gives the player the item Tiny Box of Raisins, instead of the candy given by all other vendors. The raisins seemed useless and could only be discarded. As of update 2.4.1 they became Ascendant Raisins and grant a Grimoire card to those who still have them. In their place the player is given Piece of Celery.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (Mentioned only)
- ^ YouTube - Destiny The Dark Below DLC Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)
- ^ a b Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Crota's Bane
- ^ Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Road to King's Fall
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Hive 3
- ^ Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, The Sword of Crota
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Fist of Crota
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Siege of the Warmind
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, The Wakening
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Will of Crota
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Crota's End
- ^ Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The Queen 2
- ^ Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The Reef
- ^ Eurogamer: The Taken King is the Expansion Destiny has been waiting for
- ^ Youtube: The Taken King Reveal Teaser - Destiny Year 2
- ^ Bungie (2016/10/24), Destiny: Festival of the Lost Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Festival of the Lost: Underwatch
- ^ Bungie (2016/12/13), Destiny, Rise of Iron PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard. Grimoire: The Dawning
- ^ Bungie (2017/3/28), Destiny: Age of Triumph Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Eris Morn
- ^ YouTube: Official Destiny: Festival of the Lost Trailer