- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
|Political and military information|
- "I need to know what you found out there."
- — Orin
Orin the Lost, born Nasya Sarwar as a Human and Nasan Ar as a Awoken, is a Titan Sunbreaker who once served in the Pilgrim Guard and was a friend of Queen Mara Sov before she went searching for The Nine sometime after the Red War. Her encounter with the Nine transformed her into the Emissary, and she now watches over the Trials of the Nine and serves as their liason Queen Mara and The Drifter.
Life as a Human
Like all of the original Awoken, Orin was originally a Human and crewmember of the Yang Liwei. As with all pasengers of the ship, she was pulled into the singularity formed between the clash between Light and Darkness, and transformed into an Awoken.
Life in The Distributary
Upon awakening in the Distributary, Orin named herself Nasan Ar. She found a home under a tree and welcomed any other Awoken who would pass by. Eventually, she became the mayor of her village but was reluctant about it. After wandering around taking up random jobs such as being a Corsair for a few weeks, she met Sjur Eido and was introduced to Diasyrm who hired her as a translator. The Theodicy War concluded and the Diasyrm was presumed to be killed. When Mara Sov revealed her plans to the Awoken population in The Distributary, she wanted to go with them to see where she came from in remembrance to her mother.
A Guardian of Humanity
Orin sought out nine Ghosts who had gone beyond the Solar System and inquired after their findings. Receiving only a set of coordinates she left them. She also found several "deep-orbit minds" in the midst of her search, although these may be the same Ghosts.
Emissary of the Nine
- "Welcome, Guardian... to the place where everything dies. And begins anew."
- — The Emissary
She soon encountered some of the Nine herself. After warning her of the possibility of going mad from the conversation and of a potential price as a consequence, they tasked her with finding three "worthy keys". They then commended her for seeking them out, for her resourcefulness in acquiring a ship and her decision to avoid "a golden snake who poses as a god".
However, at some point, Orin was transformed from a Guardian to a "Shell" as Mara Sov calls her, becoming the Emissary of the Nine.
The Emissary was sent to meet with Mara in her court during the third cycle of the Taken curse placed on the Dreaming City. She brought Mara vital information on behalf of the Nine along with an offer. The Guardian known as the Young Wolf arrived as their meeting came to a close, with Mara agreeing to the deal and requesting that the Emissary have an unknown asset move into place somewhere beyond the grave of the first fleet. The Emissary then departed from the Queen's throne world to convey the agreement back to the Nine.
Personality and Traits
After being transformed into an Emissary, Orin's will is no longer wholly her own, although she does retain some free thought and desire. The physical transformation she underwent also gave her pupil-less glowing eyes and the ability to float in mid-air. Her lips also do not move when she speaks.
- "Your battles paint a portrait."
- "You think you found this place. It wants to be found. There are many like me, and so this place serves myriad purpose."
- "One is judgment. In all of its connotation. The weight of it as a weapon. Another is death. Inevitable. Relentless."
- "This battle is yours to win. Or lose."
- "The mysteries of the universe are open to you! On the edge of a blade, on the tip of a bullet, burning in the Light. You are judgment relentless. 'Til the end of all things."
- "You're not like the others. You don't hesitate as judgment falls upon you like the night. Good. Perhaps you understand. Not like the others, the ones who ask - beg - for mercy. Mercy is broken and bleeding. Judgment stands in its place. Of all your whispered questions, I will say this: I am no "Lord Shaxx" I am judgment. Those I serve have seen to it."
- "My judgment is final."
- "Confront your fate."
- "The end is here."
- "To enter this realm is to leave mercy behind."
- "Yes I understand, it will be done."
- "I will be damned, they will be perfect, they will cease to be!"
- "Everything dies, so die well."
- "Your team... Versus... Your opponents."
- "Fight and live."
Course of match
- "Three lives left!"
- "Five lives left."
- "No more chances for the enemy."
- "No more second chances on your side."
- "One minute left."
- "One minute. Do not falter."
- "One minute left. You have the edge."
- "One minute. You have them. Finish this!"
- "One minute. Both sides on death's door."
- "Thirty seconds. Night falls."
- "Thirty seconds. The Nine are watching you."
- "Thirty seconds. The Nine are eager for a result."
- "Thirty seconds. The enemy is fading."
- "Ten seconds."
- "Your enemy has no reserves left."
- "No reserves left on your side."
- "The lead is yours."
- "You're ahead."
- "One foe left."
- "One opponent remains."
- "One enemy remains."
- "With that you are complete."
- "You are the last. For good or ill."
- "Your cunning is lethal."
- "Warlocks win before the fight ever begins."
- "They lack your focus, Warlock."
- "Now it's your turn."
- "Your defining moment has arrived."
- "You broke them."
- "The Nine demand perfection. Now make them cower."
- "The Nine watch eagerly, for now."
- "The Nine await your victory."
- "Deadlocked. The Nine demand an outcome."
- "Numbers favor you."
- "You have the edge."
- "The enemy has the edge."
- "Your enemy has favor."
- "Your enemy intends to finish this."
- "Enemies coming for you."
- "Heaven or hell."
- "This battle is yours to win. Or lose."
- "You crushed them."
- "You are the oncoming storm! You show no mercy."
- "You have their attention, Guardian."
- "All lives expended. Welcome to the end."
- "All lives depleted. Live well."
- "The enemy is out of lives."
- "No more second chances for the enemy."
- "The Nine are losing interest."
- "And still you remain. The Nine look to you!"
- "That made you stronger."
- "You have thoughts that kill."
- "You persist!"
- "And still you persist. The Nine favor you."
- "Death is inevitable. Relentless."
- "This is not a place for mercy."
- "Even Guardians die."
- "Yours is a war without end."
List of appearances
- ^ a b Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, The Long Walk
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, The End
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, A Sudden Death
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Judgment
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Bond Relentless
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, A Swift Verdict
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Mark Relentless
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Cloak Judgment
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Relentless
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Adjudicator
- ^ Bungie (2018/9/4), Destiny 2: Forsaken, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Audience with the Queen