Trials of the Nine
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
Trials of the Nine was an endgame 4v4 Crucible event in Destiny 2, the replacement for Trials of Osiris. It was available every weekend, from Friday to the weekly reset on Tuesday. Since the release of Forsaken, it was put on indefinite hiatus, and has now been replaced in Season of the Worthy by its predecessor.
Access to Trials of the Nine was unlocked by finishing the Destiny 2 campaign, completing Lord Shaxx's Call to Arms milestone at least once, and having a Power level of 260 or higher. From there, players must assemble a team of four in order to enter the Trials; like the Trials of Osiris, there is no automatic matchmaking.
In Trials of the Nine, two pre-made teams of four players competed to win matches. While every win granted Trials of the Nine Tokens and only a single win was needed to enter The Third Spire social space and meet The Emissary, the goal was to win seven matches with zero defeats to acquire the best possible rewards.
In a departure from the Trials of Osiris, level advantages were disabled in Trials of Nine matches, ensuring a relatively even playing field apart from player skill. In addition, each player could be revived only once during a match.
A flawless victory required a record of 7 wins and 0 losses. Achieving this opened the highest point of The Third Spire, which contained a portal to a celestial dimension where The Emissary presented exclusive rewards, including a choice of gear, the "You Are Worthy" Emblem, and an Aura.
Trials of the Nine had its own exclusive set of loot.
- Adjudicator - 600 RPM Submachine Gun
- A Sudden Death - 45 RPM Shotgun
- A Swift Verdict - 260 RPM Sidearm
- Judgment - 140 RPM Hand Cannon
- A Cold Sweat - 180 RPM Hand Cannon (Curse of Osiris)
- Prosecutor - 450 RPM Auto Rifle
- The Last Breath - 600 RPM Auto rifle (Curse of Osiris)
- Relentless - 320 RPM Pulse Rifle
- The Long Walk -72 RPM Sniper Rifle
- The End -180 RPM Scout Rifle
- Motion to Compel - 150 RPM Scout Rifle
- Motion to Suppress - 900 RPM Submachine Gun
- Motion to Vacate - 80 RPM Shotgun
- Purpose - 200 RPM Scout Rifle
- Darkest Before - 540 RPM Pulse Rifle
List of appearances