- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
The Black Armory is a secret weapon foundry founded during the late Golden Age. Its sole surviving member, Ada-1, secretly maintains the main vault within the walls of the Last City. It was founded by three families - the House of Meyrin, the Rasmussen Clan, and the Satou Tribe; each bringing elements of their native heritage to the Armory's designs. The heads of each respective families at the time were Yuki Satou, Helga Rasmussen, and Henriette Meyrin, the mother of Ada-1.
The weapons designed and created are of the highest quality and are therefore highly sought after by the Kell's Scourge. It is for this reason that the Black Armory maintains the deepest of secrecy and only those who bear a pass may do business with the foundry.
The Black Armory has forges located across the system, where they create their legendary weaponry.
- Volundr Forge is located in the EDZ on Earth, and is currently held by remnants of the Red Legion.
- Izanami and Gofannon Forge were aboard the Exodus Black during its voyage, and are thus now located on Nessus. The former has been secured by the Vex, whilst the latter has been tampered with by the Kell's Scourge.
- Bergusia Forge was located deep in the restricted Niobe Labs within the European Dead Zone, but is currently accessible after claiming the forge from the Kell's Scourge.
In addition, the Black Armory possesses a large Vault containing a large number of their weapons and have taken great care to ensure it stays a secret from those who would misuse their weapons. However, when weapons and technology belonging to the Black Armory were stolen by the Kell's Scourge, Ada-1 reluctantly forms a partnership with the Guardians to ensure the safety of her foundry's forges and prevent the Fallen from finding the Vault. Ironically, the Vault is located in the Last City and it is where the Guardians face off against Siviks, Lost to None’s crew and Insurrection Prime, Kell's Scourge, to prevent them from breaching the Vault.
After succeeding in bringing down Insurrection Prime, the Guardians managed to confront Siviks at the Niobe Labs, protecting it's technology and secrets from Siviks's thievery. After a struggle, the Guardians finally killed the Kell's Scourge's leader and retrieve the requirements to finish the Izanagi's Burden Sniper Rifle. Grateful in their efforts on the Black Armory's behalf and breaking the Kell's Scourge, Ada-1 grants the weapon to the Guardian.
- If a player follows a path through the Tower carefully, they can view the hidden location of the Black Armory and hear Ada-1.
- The Black Armory's purpose is very similar to that of Rasputin's DVALIN FORGE subroutine. Both Rasputin and the Black Armory's founders realized that humanity's demilitarization during the Golden Age posed a danger should enemies arrive from outside the system. In order to prevent this, both parties secretly began producing weapons for humanity to use if they were to be attacked.