- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
The Black Armory is a secret weapon foundry founded during the late Golden Age. Its sole surviving member, Ada-1, secretly maintains the main vault within the walls of the Last City. It was founded by three families - the House of Meyrin, the Rasmussen Clan, and the Satou Tribe; each bringing elements of their native heritage to the Armory's designs. The leader of the House of Meyrin at the time was Henrietta Meyrin (the mother of Ada-1), and the leader of the Satou Tribe was Yuki Satou, while Helga Rasmussen represented the Rasmussen Clan.
The weapons designed and created are of the highest quality and are therefore highly sought after by the Kell's Scourge. It is for this reason that the Black Armory maintains the deepest of secrecy and only those who bear a pass may do business with the foundry.
The Black Armory has forges located across the system, where they create their legendary weaponry.
- Volundr Forge is located in the EDZ on Earth, and is currently held by remnants of the Red Legion.
- Izanami and Gofannon Forge were aboard the Exodus Black during its voyage, and are thus now located on Nessus. The former has been secured by the Vex, whilst the latter has been tampered with by the Kell's Scourge.
- Bergusia Forge was located deep in the restricted Niobe Labs within the EDZ, but is currently accessible after claiming the forge from the Kell's Scourge.
In addition, the Black Armory possesses a large Vault containing a large number of their weapons and have taken great care to ensure it stays a secret from those who would misuse their weapons. However, when weapons and technology belonging to the Black Armory were stolen by the Kell's Scourge, Ada-1 reluctantly forms a partnership with the Guardians to ensure the safety of her foundry's forges and prevent the Fallen from finding the Vault. Ironically, the Vault is located in the Last City and it is where the Guardians face off against Siviks, Lost to None’s crew and Insurrection Prime, Kell's Scourge, to prevent them from breaching the Vault.
- If a player follows a path through the Tower carefully, they can view the hidden location of the Black Armory and hear Ada-1.
- Aesthetically, weapons of the Black Armory bear a similarity to the SIVA weapons of the Wrath of the Machine Raid.