From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Deep Dive is an activity introduced with Season of the Deep.
With the return of Titan, the Vanguard recovered its Deputy Commander, Sloane, as well as her new ally: the fugitive Worm Ahsa, who Sloane has established a link with. In order to strengthen this connection and allow Ahsa to speak with them, Fireteams are sent into the depths of the methane sea to recover patches of the mind-linking fungus Egregore, which grows there in coral form. But the forces of Xivu Arath, God of War lurk beneath the waves, ready to jump onto unsuspecting Guardians.
Deep Dive is a three-person activity accessed from the H.E.L.M. Matchmade and non-matchmade modes are available. Teams will have to navigate corridors submerged in methane, using bubbles on the way to restore their pressure and avoid getting crushed. Eventually, they will reach the Mesopelagic Twilight, where the first encounter will take place. Completing this encounter within the time limit will allow the fireteam to move on to the Bathypelagic Midnight, and then to the Abyssopelagic Abyss, with increasing power difference and one added Modifier. Beating the Abyss encounter or failing any encounter will pull the fireteam into the Asphyxiator's Hollow, where they will fight the final boss and will be allowed to open a chest upon its defeat, whose contents improve the more encounters have been beaten.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
Before beginning the dive into any depth, players will be allowed to choose one of two "gifts" from the Worm. These are represented by a small dripping ball of Taken-like energy. The gifts can range from protection against an enemy rank to increasing the damage and recharge of abilities. Gifts are permanent until the end of the activity.
During any of the depth encounters, glowing enemies called Wrathful Predators will appear. Defeating these foes will add 15 seconds to the encounter's timer.
When an encounter begins, a small Taken ball called a Lure will appear floating somewhere in the area. If all fireteam members interact with this ball, a secondary objective will activate. Completing this objective begins a Pressure Trial, which will add more enemies and extra objectives to the encounter. Completing a Pressure Trial rewards extra coral, and improves the final chest's rewards by one tier. Thus, to get to the maximum tier of 7, a fireteam needs to complete all Pressure Trials.
In the areas between and within the Twilight and Midnight, one can find three Hive statues. If a player has acquired all three planet-exclusive Exotic Fish, they can place them in each statue to activate a special encounter in the Bathypelagic Midnight. After completing the encounter there, the players can enter a door to the side that leads to the Wrathborn Sink. Navigating this area will bring them to fight several Taken led by Khull, Executioner Knight.
After Khull is made to retreat, all the Gifts they had acquired will deactivate, though the weekly modifiers remain, and a ten minute timer will begin counting down. Players must defeat Khull in order to progress to the next area, where they must once again fight several Taken, now led by a Tormentor named Omen, Blade of the Black Terrace. Completing this secret encounter awards players the Wicked Implement Exotic Scout Rifle, as well as a Triumph. Finding all the seven Pyramid Spikes hidden in the labyrinth awards another Triumph.
- Blade of the Deep
- Coral Devourer
- Drowned Ogre
- Elite Coral Siphoner
- Festering Anchor
- Festering Brute
- Honed Minotaur (The Whetstone)
- Pressurized Saboteur
- Shield Servitor
- Wrathful Interloper
- Wrathful Predator
- J4W-S, Wrath-Hunter Servitor
- Kudazad, Bound to Xivu Arath
- Kelgorath, Taken from Bones
- Khull, Executioner Knight (The Whetstone)
- Omen, Blade of the Black Terrace (The Whetstone)
Legendary weapons and armor can be obtained randomly by completing matches of Salvage, Deep Dives, and rank-up packages. They also can be focused at H.E.L.M. for the price of a Deep Engram, Legendary Shards, and Glimmer. Using a Deep Dive Key on the bonus chest grants a chance at better rewards, including high-stat seasonal armor and Exotic armor pieces.
- Until Its Return- Legendary Shotgun
- Rapacious Appetite - Legendary Submachine Gun
- A Distant Pull - Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Targeted Redaction - Legendary Hand Cannon
- Different Times - Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Thin Precipice - Legendary Sword
- Wicked Implement - Exotic Scout Rifle (The Whetstone)
- Wicked Implement Catalyst (Tier 7 completion)
- Several of the enemies encountered in the activity have seemingly erroneous names:
- Elite Tracer Shanks and Heavy Shanks called Atavist Illusion can appear in certain Fallen encounters. The equivalent Taken and Hive enemies use their common Elite designations.
- When a Pressure Trial is triggered in the Taken variant of the Refuel Drill encounter, the now Major Taken Centurions have no name above their health bar.
- In the same Pressure Trial, Large Blocker Knights appear during the extra waves.
List of appearances