From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Triumphs are gameplay objectives that are constantly tracked, which when completed can be redeemed for rewards. This usually takes the form of Triumph score, which measures a player's accomplishment in the game. Triumph score is split into Active score and Career score. Active score counts all currently-obtainable Triumphs, while Career score includes Triumphs that can no longer be obtained. Other possible rewards include Lore entries, cosmetic items such as shaders and emblems, and in the case of certain endgame activities, increased drop rate for that activity's Exotic weapon. There are five categories of Triumphs, which are as follows:
- Lifetime - These Triumphs track general player achievement, such as kills with a certain weapon class, Supers, or achievement in core activities such as strikes and Crucible.
- Seasonal - These Triumphs relate to completion of seasonal activities and that season's event. Each season receives its own dedicated category.
- Destination - These are Triumphs related to Destination-specific activities. Each Destination has its own category.
- Legends - Triumphs for unvaulted Destinations and activities not tied to a Destination.
- Legacy - Triumphs that are no longer obtainable, such as from Destinations no longer in the game or past expansions' seasons.
The following categories of Triumphs were moved to the Collections menu after the launch of Lightfall:
- Medals - Triumphs for obtaining Medals in the Crucible and Gambit.
- Exotic Catalysts and Patterns - These Triumphs track the acquisition and completion of Exotic Catalysts and Weapon Patterns craftable at The Enclave.
- Lore - Contains every Lore book.
While unrelated to the Triumphs system, Stat Trackers could also viewed from the Triumphs menu, though not equipped, and were also later moved to the Collections menu.
Titles are cosmetic text displayed below a player's name. They are tied to seals, which are a collection of Triumphs that represent the pinnacle of achievement in a given activity, season, or Destination. Players who complete a seal in a given timeframe, usually until the end of the season it was introduced in, are eligible to purchase a physical version of the seal as part of the Bungie Rewards program.
In Season of the Chosen, it was made possible to "gild" certain activity-related titles that a player has already earned. This is done by completing a number of additional Triumphs and turns the title yellow for the rest of the season, alongside adding a permanent symbol that denotes how many times the title has been gilded. This can be done once per season on a given title.
List of titles
These titles are always obtainable and can be gilded.
- Glorious - Crucible
- Iron Lord - Iron Banner
- Deadeye - Weapons
- Flawless - Trials of Osiris
- Conqueror - Grandmaster Nightfall Strikes
- Dredgen - Gambit
These titles cannot be gilded but are currently obtainable.
- Vidmaster - 30th Anniversary
- Splintered - Empire Hunts and Europa
- Fatebreaker - Vault of Glass
- Descendant - Deep Stone Crypt
- WANTED - Spire of the Watcher
- Kingslayer - King's Fall
- Discerptor - Duality
- Gumshoe - The Wellspring and Savathûn's Throne World
- Disciple-Slayer - Vow of the Disciple
- Queensguard - Season of Defiance
- Virtual Fighter - Terminal Overload and Neomuna
- Dream Warrior - Root of Nightmares
- Aquanaut - Season of the Deep
- Ghoul - Ghosts of the Deep
- Haruspex - Season of the Witch
Titles for events, while gildable, work differently to the others. Tied to the event card challenges, they can be acquired whenever that event occurs, but gilding and any incomplete progress are reset after one year during the next run of the event. Completing challenges across the events, even in multiple runs, grants progress towards the Reveler title which also resets annually.
- Reveler - Participation in all four events
- Flamekeeper - Solstice
- Ghost Writer - Festival of the Lost
- Star Baker - The Dawning
- Champ - Guardian Games
These titles can no longer be obtained, but can still be equipped.
- MMXIX - Moments of Triumph 2019
- Shadow - Season of Opulence
- Reckoner - Season of the Drifter
- Blacksmith - Season of the Forge
- Wayfarer - Destinations
- Chronicler - Lore
- Unbroken - Crucible[Note 1]
- MMXX - Moments of Triumph 2020
- Forerunner - Season of Arrivals
- Almighty - Season of the Worthy
- Savior - Season of Dawn
- Undying - Season of the Undying
- MMXXI - Moments of Triumph 2021
- Realmwalker - Season of the Lost
- Splicer - Season of the Splicer
- Chosen - Season of the Chosen
- Warden - Season of the Hunt
- MMXXII - Moments of Triumph 2022
- Seraph - Season of the Seraph
- Scallywag - Season of Plunder
- Reaper - Season of the Haunted
- Risen - Season of the Risen
- This title was sunset with the introduction of the Glorious title due to changes to the way Crucible ranks work in Season of the Seraph. It was previously made unobtainable to players who had not yet begun progressing toward it due to a Triumph requiring progress in the span of three seasons.