Season of the Drifter
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Season of the Drifter
March 5th, 2019
June 4th, 2019
|Gambit is a chance at salvation. Take it.
Season of the Drifter (formerly known as Joker's Wild) is the sixth season of Destiny 2 and the second seasonal content of the Forsaken Annual Pass, which began March 5th, 2019 and ended on June 4th, 2019.
This season focuses on the Drifter as he unveils a new mode of Gambit much to controversy within the Vanguard and doing so splits the allegiance of Guardians between him and them; all while the mysterious Emissary of the Nine reveal visions to the Guardians of the Drifter's past and of enemies yet to come.
- "For the next season of Destiny, the Drifter takes center stage with new rewards for every Guardian to add to their collections. For owners of the Annual Pass, he has new tricks up his sleeve for players of every fighting style and combat specialty."
New Activity: Gambit Prime
- "This little game we call Gambit has evolved. This is where you prove you're a Gambit veteran! Choose a specific combat role and build a new armor set with perks that will change the game. With only one round to choose the winner, teamwork will be king."
- "Reaper: Clear waves and slay larger enemies."
- "Invader: Hunt your opponents and steal their motes."
- "Collector: Gather all the motes and send blockers."
- "Sentry: Counter Invaders and protect your bank."
New PVE Activity: The Reckoning
- "Winning a round of Gambit Prime is just the beginning. The Drifter has a whole new extension of the Destiny endgame. Take your rewards and risk them in a new challenge that belongs to the Nine. Confront swarms of enemies to unlock greater rewards that you can take with you into battle."
Complete bounties to learn more about the Nine and their place in the universe."
- "Pinnacle PVE
Drop into chaos and fight your way through challenging enemies."
- "Earn Gear
Unlock armor and perks that will make you the ultimate competitor in Gambit Prime."
New Weapons & Armor
- "Annual Pass content in Season of the Drifter provides a new path to earn some of the best gear in the game. Build a loadout that compliments the way you like to fight. Master a combat role that will make you irreplaceable on a Gambit Prime team."
- "A new season of Destiny means changes to the game. Launch into a variety of activities to make your Guardians more unique, more powerful, and more dangerous in new and exciting ways. Add new riches and Triumphs to your Collection."
- "Power Surge
Forsaken owners can see the Drifter to catch up to the power of their fellow Guardian."
- "Iron Banner Returns
Destiny 2 can follow Lord Saladin back into battle in the Crucible to claim new rewards."
- "Exotic Weapons & Armor
Annual Pass owners can add more of the best weapons to their Collections."
- "Every player of Destiny 2 will find their rank reset in the Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard missions. At the heights of the ranking system, Guardians will find rewards that double as implements of destruction and trophies. Earn the right to carry into battle a piece of evidence of your prowess."
- "The Recluse
Kills with any weapon improve this weapon's damage for a short time."
- "Oxygen SR3
Dragonfly deals more damage based on the number of precision hits made beforehand."
Vehicles, equipment, and technology
Weapons and armor
- Season of the Drifter is the first expansion that doesn't focus on any of the main enemies in the Destiny series. Instead it focuses on the Drifter and his Gambit.