- "They say this was where mankind first reached beyond the confines of Earth. Whatever promise this place once offered is long gone—now it just holds the bones of that long-forgotten time."
- — Area Description
Old Russia is a toxic area on Earth that was once modern day Kazakhstan during the Golden Age. There was a large walled structure built here for the purpose of protecting numerous colony ships meant to flee Earth during the Collapse, and evidence of refugees attempting to escape the planet still remains. This wall is occupied by Riksis, Devil Archon, and numerous Fallen from the House of Devils. Orange, burnt grass steppes and dimly lit interiors of old buildings are a magnet for invading Fallen Soldiers.
While players will explore many areas of Earth in the long-term Destiny storyline, the first major location is Old Russia. Specifically, Guardians are first revived by their Ghosts just outside the devastated ruins of the Cosmodrome in A Guardian Rises, and explore its surrounding area—a real-world site in modern day Kazakhstan that has long been the launch site for the Russian space program.
The Dark Below
House of Wolves
- The Steppes (Public location)
- The Breach
- The Divide (Public location)
- Forgotten Shore (Public location)
- The Grottos
- Mothyards (Public location)
- Rocketyard (Public location)
- King's Watch
- Skywatch (Public location)
- Exodus Blue (Crucible map)
- Skyshock (Crucible map)
- Sector 618 (Crucible map)
- Felwinter Peak
- Lords' Watch (Public location)
- Giant's Husk (Public location)
- Doomed Sea
- The Archon's Keep (Public location)
- Forgotten Pass (Public location)
- Bunker Triglav (Public location)
List of appearances
- The Guardian: how the makers of Halo plan to change the future of shooters
- YouTube: Building the Destiny E3 Reveal — Bungie Commentary
- Game Informer January 2014, page 52
- Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- Bungie (2014-7-17), Destiny: Beta PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.