The Ruling House
- "Scour the Cosmodrome for Skolas and the invading Wolves."
- — Mission description
|The Ruling House|
House of Wolves expansion
1 - 3
Old Russia, Earth
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
- Petra Venj: The House of Kings is unique among the Fallen. They are secretive, dangerous. They hide in the shadow of the Cosmodrome...waiting...plotting. If Skolas can bring the House of Kings under his banner, we're all in trouble. I'm game--(radio static)...damn. I'm getting a lot of interference down there. Hold tight, Guardian.
- Petra: Guardian...(heavy stiatic) I'm [losing you.] Try to find the source of the [interference] and stop it.
Variks, the Loyal's voice comes in through another channel, clear and completely free of interference.
- Variks, the Loyal: Skolas jamming signals with High Servitors. Reef War Tactic...(snarls) advanced warfare. May fool Petra. Does not fool me. I shall be your guide.
The Guardian fights their way through the Grottos, where a large scale battle rages between Fallen Wolves and Hive. A Wolf Servitor is floating at the far end of the caves, guarded by several Stealth Vandals.
- Variks: Servitor is source of interference. Kill it dead.
The Guardian wipes out the Fallen and destroys the Servitor.
- Variks: Signal still corrupted! Wolves must have second Servitor. Push forward...(growls) find the source.
The Guardian runs through the tunnels, heading to the Refinery.
- Variks: I was House Judgment scribe to House Wolves. Skolas was vicious, even for a Fallen Kell. I could not stomach his hate.
The Guardian finds more groups of Fallen and Hive fighting each other. Now members of the House of Kings have joined the battle, putting aside their rivalry in the face of a common foe. The Guardian kills all enemies in their way before moving on, finding the second Servitor.
- Variks: It...is good to work with you—with Petra. All that are Fallen are not lost...yes? Signal close. Can you see it?
The Guardian locates and destroys the second Servitor. Petra's signal starts to clear as she can be heard.
- Petra: Excellent! Whatever you did, your signal's coming through loud and clear now. Variks, are you with us? The Wolves are approaching an old command center beyond the Rocketyard. That must be where the Kings are hidden.
- Variks: Yes, yes, I am here. (growls) Kings will see Wolf pack as well. They will not be pleased.
The Guardian emerges into the Rocketyard and reaches an old abandoned building next door. Fallen are guarding the entrance.
- Petra: At the battle of Twilight Gap, the Devils, the Kings and the House of Winter joined forces to take on The City. The House of Wolves could have turned the tide for the Fallen, but my Queen interfered.
The Guardian kills the enemies and charges forward into the King's Watch.
- Variks: You are here to deny Skolas House Kings. They will not know. And they would not care. They will try to kill you. Kill them back. If Kings detected House Wolves before attack, Skolas may have met his match.
- Petra: I'm detecting lots of activity from the command center. I think you dropped the Servitor jamming just in time.
The Guardian fights their way through several groups of Fallen as they ascend the building. They eventually come across two King Barons and a Wolf Baron intently watching a holographic map of the Traveler and a battalion of Fallen surrounding them. Eventually, the Guardian kills them all.
- Petra: The Wolves are dead. And the Kings—well, they're still a danger to the City, but at least they don't work for Skolas. I call that a win. Come on back, Guardian.
- Prince Uldren believes Paskin and Vekis were assassins who would have turned down Yavek and murdered him, denying the wolves offer regardless of the Guardians's actions.
- This mission opens up the previously unreachable King's Watch that had been in the game since launch. Clever players managed to glitch their way into it in previous builds of the game.