From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Mob and overwhelm enemies
- "The shadows have claws."
- — Grimoire Description
Thrall are the most common morph of Hive. Their main purpose is to overwhelm their enemies with sheer numbers, although individually they are easily dispatched. Feral and fearless, Thralls are a plague upon the battlefield.
Thralls are born from pupae laid by fertile Wizards. Upon hatching, they are fed a larval worm which enters into a symbiotic relationship with the Thrall. If a Thrall is able to fight and survive well enough, it will become an Acolyte. Otherwise, the worm will consume it from within.
While individually Thrall are the weakest Hive enemy, they almost always attack in large swarms, often supported by stronger enemies. Acolytes and Cursed Thralls blend into their ranks, while Wizards and Knights use them to keep enemies distracted. Still, Thralls themselves can do high damage with the the sheer amount of claw swipes they can deliver, and shouldn't be ignored. While they are fearless, when their ranks have been thinned enough the survivors try to retreat and hide behind cover to ambush unwary foes.
- Notable Variants
- Cursed Thrall - Thralls charged with Arc energy and turned into bombs
- Nightmare Thrall - a Nightmare with the form of a Thrall
- Common Variants
- Ascendant Thrall - Epic difficulty Thrall
- Blistered Thrall - Major Thrall (Destiny 2)
- Chosen Thrall - Heroic difficulty Thrall
- Hallowed Thrall - Major Thrall (Destiny)
- Revenant Thrall - Elite Thrall
- Unhallowed Thrall - Elite Grasp of Nokris Thrall
- Specific Variants
- Anointed Thrall
- Blessed Thrall
- Blind Thrall
- Gravetide Thrall
- Lunar Scavenger
- Mindbent Thrall
- Servant of the Hand
- Ogres appear much like Thrall but larger and stronger, suggesting rituals are used to turn Thrall into Ogres.
- Thrall usually seem to lack eyes, but in some cases they have three glowing spots on their faces where eyes would be.
- Given the Hive's odd biology, it may be that all Thrall are biologically sterile females, as common to most eusocial species.
- The name Thrall may originate from the term for a person in slavery or serfdom in Viking Scandinavia. Alternatively, it may come from the name of an undead unit in Bungie's Myth series. Both descriptions are applicable to Destiny's Thrall, as they are zombie-like and in servitude to the Worms.
- According to the Drifter, Thrall are vulnerable to having their skulls squeezed.
A Thrall in the Hellmouth
A Thrall attacking a Hunter
A Thrall of the Hidden Swarm
A horde of Blood of Oryx Thralls
A Thrall of the Spawn of Crota
A Thrall of the the Silent Brood
A Thrall of Savathûn's Brood
A Thrall of the Grasp of Nokris
A Thrall of the Hidden Swarm in Destiny 2
A Thrall of the Lucent Brood
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- Destiny 2
- Destiny ViDoc 2: Out Here In The Wild
- Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny: PlayStation 3, Activision Blizzard, Thrallskin Brace
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: XX: Hive
- Bungie (2014/9/9) m Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Hive 2
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: IX: The Bargain