From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|“||A patchwork wasteland at the edge of the Reef, in the Asteroid Belt.||”|
No longer accessible since the release of Witch Queen
Thieves Landing, Sorik's Cut
The Tangled Shore is a lawless asteroid wasteland on the outskirts of the Reef and a Destination near the Dreaming City. It is the main territory of The Spider, head of a Fallen criminal syndicate and the world vendor. It is also plagued with the undead Scorn along with pockets of Hive, Cabal and the House of Dusk.
The Tangled Shore is a collection of asteroids kept together with grappling hooks and cables. It is a lawless land within The Reef, where the Scorn settled after escaping from the Prison of Elders. The region is essentially a Fallen badland and is also home to a branch of Savathûn's Hive that have crashed into the shore. Remnants of the Red Legion also are warring within the chaotic badland as well. The Fallen are currently going through a major civil war in the Tangled Shore, between the Scorn and House of Dusk. Additionally, a Fallen crime syndicate resides deep within the Shore, forced into hiding by the Scorn.
The Shore's asteroids are pockmarked with caves, ramshackle pirate bases, and hidden shortcuts. A crashed warship filled with Hive is also present. The Shore was once ruled by a Fallen called The Spider, but the arrival of Uldren Sov sent him into hiding.
A massive ring-shaped complex of structures can be seen in the sky of the Tangled Shore, echoing a similar structure seen in the Dreaming City. It is believed to act as the portal to the Dreaming City, but is never seen in use.
- Four-Horn Gulch
- Jetsam of Saturn
- Sorik's Cut
- Thieves' Landing (Landing Zone)
- Baron Hunts
- The Tangled Shore is mainly composed of 4 areas with public events.
- The large ring structure orbiting around the Shore acts as a portal to the Dreaming City.
- The Tangled Shore was the only patrol zone in Destiny 2 to contain every single enemy race. Fallen, Hive, Cabal and Scorn can all be found in patrol, the Vex are found in the Warden of Nothing Strike, and the Taken can be fought in the Nothing Left to Say Story mission, as well as in Sjursrest during the Wish-Ender quest.
- Tangled Shore was taken out of the Destination Tab once the The Witch Queen came out. It seems that, after driving out Fikrul, the Fanatic, the return of Mara Sov, and The Spider asking the Drifter to smuggle him out of the Reef, the Awoken now have the region under control.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2: Forsaken (First appearance)