From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?
The Machinist is the thirty-fourth story mission in Destiny 2, and the fourth mission of the Forsaken expansion. With six of the Scorn Barons now dead, The Guardian targets Fikrul's second-in-command, Elykris, the Machinist.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
Spider: Look at you. If our prodigal prince is not yet afraid of you… He should be. Six down… yet the strongest three remain. Of the prince and his pet Fanatic, reports are few. However, your bloodbath has forced the Machinist out of hiding. Moreover, I hear she's amassing great quantities of corrupted Ether - to grow the Fanatic's depraved armies. When you pay the Machinist a visit, I urge you to destroy any and all caches of their vile ambrosia. And by the way? Death suits you.
ULDREN SOV WALKS THROUGH THE DARK FOREST. HE ENCOUNTERS A GROUP OF DREGS, WHO BOW TO HIM. ULDREN WALKS TOWARDS THE SHARD OF THE TRAVELER. MARA SOV APPEARS BEHIND ULDREN.
The Queen: Be brave.
- Uldren shoots the shard of the Traveler, exposing a smaller shard.
The Queen: Now take it.
- Uldren picks up the shard.
The Queen: Move.
- A bullet misses Uldren. Petra Venj is shown hiding nearby.
Petra Venj: Damn!
- The group of dregs chases after Petra. The cutscene ends.
Ghost: We're in the Machinist's territory now. This one isn't just another name on a list. The Machinist is the Fanatic's right hand. She commands an arsenal of stolen tech. Human, Awoken, Fallen, Cabal… anything she can get her hands on.
Ghost: This tank is City-made. Machinist has good taste, I'll give her that.
- Ghost scans the tank.
Ghost: Everything's working - except the two most important parts: the turret and the nav module. But we ARE in a junkyard. I've ID'd some possible replacements nearby.
- The Guardian finds the turret.
Ghost: This turret's seen better days. But I can make it work.
- The Guardian puts the turret in the tank.
Ghost: Turrets are online. You get the nav module. I'll cover you.
- The Guardian goes to find the nav module. Ghost will fire the tank's turret at the Scorn. The Guardian puts the nav module in the tank.
Ghost: Nav module installed. Your chariot awaits.
- The Guardian soon finds an energy barrier blocking their path.
Ghost: That energy barrier is a problem violence can't solve. Let's check around for a power source.
- Ghost hacks into a terminal, disabling the barrier. They continue further and encounter a Walker.
Ghost: I'm detecting huge shipping containers of dark Ether in here - enough to raise a Scorn army.
- The Guardian continues on.
Ghost: The Machinist has been raiding cis-Jovian space for years. What she doesn't supply to the Barons, she adds to her hoard.
- The Guardian soon finds another energy barrier.
Ghost: Look around. Must be another power source nearby.
- Ghost hacks into another terminal and disables the barrier.
The Machinist: Shipments… away. All our weapons… to Fikrul and… the Awoken King.
- The Guardian continues on. The Machinist appears.
The Machinist: You want revenge? I watched Cayde die! Pathetic death!
The Machinist: The Scorned Barons… always stand together. Divide us… but you cannot break us.
- The Guardian defeats the Machinist.
The Machinist: I bought them… time… The Scorn… the Barons… stand together… forever…
Ghost: Seven down. One to go. Then Uldren. It's almost over. It's almost over.
Petra Venj: GUARDIAN. I know where Uldren is headed. It's time to end this.
List of appearances