- "This will be a beautiful [City]. But not a safe [City]."
The Dreaming City is a Destination in Forsaken, featuring many endgame activities, such as the Last Wish raid and the Blind Well horde activity. It is the homeland of the Reefborn Awoken, and is of great significance to them. It is partially within both our universe and the Ascendant realm. Petra Venj is the world vendor for the city. To access the city, Guardians must complete the campaign of Forsaken and embark on a long and difficult questline.
The Dreaming City is the Reefborn Awoken's homeland. It was created by Mara Sov after her departure from The Distributary and is her personal realm. At one point, Prince Uldren Sov brought a baby Ahamkara named Riven to the City.
The Dark Age
After The Queen left the Awoken homeland, the Distributary, she created the Dreaming City as her own personal realm. There, she and other Awoken could reside in peace. Uldren Sov went to bring the Queen a gift and returned with Riven, the Ahamkara. Riven stayed in the City for the rest of her life.
The Taken War
- Spine of Keres
- Divalian Mists
- Bay of Drowned Wishes (Lost Sector)
- The Strand
- Keep of Voices
- The Blind Well
- The Watchtower
- Ascendant realm
- Cathedral of Scars (Gambit map)
- The Dreaming City is the second Destination that is within the Ascendant realm, the first being the Dreadnaught.
- The city's size is as large as Nessus.
- The Divalian Mists and Rheasilvia share names with features on the asteroid 4 Vesta, the equatorial trough Divalia Fossa and the impact crater Rheasilvia, suggesting that the Dreaming City was built on it.
List of appearances
- ^ Kotaku - Destiny 2's Next Expansion Is Changing A Lot
- ^ Eurogamer - Bungie says Destiny 2 expansion Forsaken really does kill Cayde for good
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyLore/comments/8vwncp/possible_spoilers_dreaming_city/