Wall of Wishes
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
|Wall of Wishes|
- "What [the Queen] wants, the Techeun move worlds to obtain. And so the Witches devise an impossible machine that speaks a visual language with very few spaces between its words. This machine speaks [wishes]. Makes [bargains]."
- — Riven
The Wall of Wishes is a device located within the Keep of Voices in the Dreaming City. It was designed by Mara Sov and her Techeuns as a means of making safe bargains with the Ahamkara Riven, who would otherwise seek to take advantage of her petitioners by exploiting loopholes in their requests.
Design and Function
- "If the Techeun's design proves correct, it will be difficult for me to interpret the [wishes] made at the Wall to my advantage. But challenges entice me. I look upon the Wall. Upon the Witches' visual language for [bargains]. For me, it is a menu of delights to feast upon."
- — Riven.
The Wall consists of a four-by-five grid of circular panels suspended above a pool of water. When one of these panels is struck by a projectile, it will illuminate and display one of sixteen images, which it will cycle through upon repeated impacts. These images display stylized fish, snakes, dragons, and hawks in various poses. When arranged in various patterns on the Wall, the images form the basis of a symbolic language that can be interpreted by Riven; this language was designed by the Techeuns to be difficult for Riven to willfully misinterpret. When the wish-maker stands upon a circle on the floor in front of the Wall, the pattern of images will be transmitted to Riven, who will grant the wish specified by the pattern.
During the course of the Raid, Guardians can make a total of 15 wishes that can aid them during the raid, do trivial effects or lead to disaster.
- First Wish: Wish to Feed an Addiction — Grants an Ethereal Key.
- Second Wish: A wish for Material Validation — Causes a chest to spawn between the Morgeth, the Spirekeeper fight and the Vault that can only be opened with a Glittering Key.
- Third Wish: A wish for others to celebrate your success — Unlocks an Emblem.
- Fourth Wish: A wish to look athletic and elegant — Will immediately wipe the Fireteam and teleport them to the beginning of the fight against Shuro Chi, the Corrupted.
- Fifth Wish: A wish for a promising future — Will immediately wipe the Fireteam and teleport them to the beginning of the Morgeth, the Spirekeeper, fight.
- Sixth Wish: A wish to move the hands of time — Will immediately wipe the Fireteam and teleport them to the beginning of the Vault encounter.
- Seventh Wish: A wish to help a friend in need — Will immediately wipe the Fireteam and teleport them to the beginning of the Riven of a Thousand Voices encounter.
- Eighth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Will play the song, Hope for the Future.
- Ninth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Activates a piece of dialogue from Failsafe, who then speaks throughout the raid.
- Tenth Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Adds Drifter dialogue to the raid.
- Eleventh Wish: A wish to stay here forever — Adds an explosive effect to headshot kills, similar to the Grunt Birthday Party skull from Halo 2.
- Twelfth Wish: A wish to open your mind to new ideas — Adds an effect around the player's head.
- Thirteenth Wish: A wish for the means to feed an addiction — Enables Extinguish, where if one player dies, the entire Fireteam goes to Orbit and the raid will reset.
- Fourteenth Wish: A wish for love and support — Spawns several Corrupted Eggs throughout the raid.
- Fifteenth Wish: “This one you shall cherish.” – Riven of a Thousand Voices — Pending...