- "He’s going to use these frames to take the arenas? They just came online."
"It’s Shaxx. They’ll work out."
"Yeah. Or they might explode. Shaxx knows it’s a fifty-fifty with frames, right?"
"Except Arcite. He’s been here since they built the Walls. And the frames can hear you."
"I know. Creepy. Especially when they parrot people."
"If they all parrot Shaxx, they might pull this off."
"Don’t even joke about that."
- —Two Unknown Technicians.
The Twilight Gap is an abandoned military base on Earth, as well as a Crucible map. It is located on the outskirts of the Last City, and can be seen from the Overwatch District. In some way, it represents much of humanity's history. The Cabal first made their presence known here.
- "Here we fight, for the memory of those who stood. Here we die, for the glory of the Light that never fades."
- —Grimoire blurb.
Named for the City's greatest battle, this defensive battery once held the front line against the combined might of the Fallen Houses. Overrun during the course of the invasion, many Guardians lost their lives to hold the line.
That the Crucible now claims this hallowed ground is seen as a privilege - a rite of passage, as new generations of Guardians stand and fight where the brave fell, heroes rose, and legends were born.
- ^ IGN - First Game for July is...Destiny
- ^ Bungie.net, Destiny Enemies
- ^ MTV: Bungie's Destiny Revealed
- ^ Reddit - Gjallarhorn: Crafted by Feizel Crux as a gift to the Guardians who fought the Battle of the Twilight Gap. Forged from the Armor of the thousands who fell