Age of Triumph
Age of Triumph is an upcoming live event coming to Destiny as part of the Rise of Iron expansion. It is expected to be released at the end of March 2017 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles and will deliver content on a similar scale to the April Update during The Taken King expansion. Bungie will be hosting a series of streams to present some of the new content coming to the game throughout March until the 22nd. The update itself will be released on the 28th.
- "For three years, Guardians have fought the Darkness. They have defended the City and everything it stands for. And hope, once lost, has sprung up in every heart. Now the City celebrates its Guardians and all they have done."
- —Event Description
Age of Triumph will be the final content update to be released for Destiny, being the finale to Guardians' adventures before Destiny 2 is released later in 2017. As with The Dawning, the content featured in this event will remain permanently in the game once it goes live, with the possible exception of Sparrow Racing League. There will not be an increase in the maximum Light level that Guardians can achieve, but there will be additional loot and PvE content added into the game, including updated Raid rewards.
There will also be a 13-page Record Book to keep track of your Guardian's achievements and to commemorate your legacy throughout the last three years. Players that have played Destiny since the first three months of the game's release will be awarded with an exclusive emblem that celebrates their dedication, as well as receiving a code for redeeming a t-shirt with your Guardians Gamertag/PSN ID on it upon reaching rank seven in the Age of Triumph record book.
A weekly Story mission playlist will be available with a recommended Light level of 380. It will feature up 3 modifiers at once. A pair of regions will be selected, which will have randomly rotating story missions as the playlist progresses. Guardians will be Legendary Marks for up to 5 times a week and a Treasure of Ages for up to once a week.
Once a month, the Weekly Nightfall Strike playlist will feature a new modifier by the name of Daybreak, which will drastically increase the recharge rate of grenade, melee, and Super abilities. The recommended Light level for this playlist will remain at 380.
- "The greatest champions of the Darkness have stood against you and been defeated. Face them once more. Teach them fear. Atheon. Crota, Oryx."
- —The Speaker
All four Raids will have a brand-new node featuring a Light level increase to 390, and there will be new challenge modes as well as a chance to earn additional loot. There is still much to learn about what kinds of new loot will be available once the event goes live, but there have been confirmations in relation to the return of primary weapon elemental burns, weapons being brought up to relevant Light levels, and so on. In addition, a weekly featured Raid playlist will be available. When a raid has been selected for the playlist, the Heroic modifier and all raid challenge modes will be activated and players will be able to earn exclusive ornaments for Raid gear.
Besides the new raid modes, there will also be a weekly Challenge of the Elders playlist available with a recommended Light level of 390. An Elders' Sigil is still required to participate in this activity, hich can be acquired in The Reef. Guardians will be awarded Legendary Marks for up 3 times a week and a Legendary Engram for up to once a week.
There will be some balancing changes coming out with the Age of Triumph having to do with the concerns surrounding special ammo changes that went live in patch 22.214.171.124, including that ammo for special weapons now drops directly into the magazine like heavy ammo, the flinch on the No Land Beyond will be increased, range drop-off on Hand Cannons will be furthered by another 3 meters, and that the Memory of Skorri now requires a kill to activate the super fast-charge, and only lasts for one minute at a time before resetting if a player doesn't keep getting kills.
There will be some new Weapons and Armor coming out with the new event, most of which will be related to the new, revamped versions of Raids, and they'll drop up at 390 and up to the Light-level cap.
- The new Age of Triumph record book will have one page dedicated to each class, as well as pages for each of the new raids. Completing the book (reaching rank 7) will reward players with a code for a shirt emblazoned with the logo for the Age of Triumph on it, with the Gamertag/PSN ID of your Guardian on it as well.
- Players who first played Destiny within the first three months of launch (September through December 2014) will receive a special emblem to commemorate their status and cement bragging rights.
The new raid armor for King's Fall with Age of Triumph Ornaments.
The new raid armor for Vault of Glass with Age of Triumph Ornaments.
The new raid armor for Crota's End with Age of Triumph Ornaments.
- ^ Destiny: Age of Triumph trailer
- ^ Express - Destiny news: Age of Triumph revealed as Bungie confirm grave Destiny 2 release update
- ^ a b Bungie.net - The Road Ahead
- ^ a b c d e f g h reddit - What to expect in Age of Triumph
- ^ Bungie.net - Age of Triumph
- ^ YouTube - Destiny: Rise of Iron - Age of Triumph Launch Trailer