|Political and military information|
Former Iron Banner handler
- "No statue for me, I see? "
- "The statues are for the dead, and I always hoped you weren't among them. "
- — Lady Efrideet and Lord Saladin 
Apart from Lord Saladin, Efrideet is the only Iron Lord to have survived the original SIVA outbreak. She kept her survival a secret from Saladin, having witnessed the fall of her friends and lost the will to fight. She eventually journeyed to the outer rim of the Solar System and joined a hidden enclave of Guardians who had learned to use their Light in peaceful ways. Centuries later, with the onset of the SIVA Crisis, Efrideet returned to the Iron Temple to assist Saladin and fulfill her responsibility to the Iron Banner.
The Red War
After the Red Legion captured the Last City and imprisoned the Traveler, Efrideet and the other Guardians were stripped of their Light. Her enclave cut off communication during the crisis, so Efrideet joined the resistance against the Red Legion in the guise of a refugee and participated in the assault to reclaim the Last City and kill Ghaul. Taking position on a rooftop with her sniper rifle, she killed 216 Cabal with 199 shots. During the battle, the Traveler awoke to destroy Ghaul and freed itself. With the Light returned to her, Efrideet began to cry with joy at the sight of the Traveler awakened. Her enclave then contacted her, as they felt the return of the Light as well. They informed her that the whole cosmos was now ablaze with Light, and Efrideet informed them she would be coming home.
A New Golden Age
During the first Dawning following the liberation of the Last City, Efrideet contacted Tyra Karn. They wished each other a happy Dawning, and Efrideet offered an ornament for Tyra's ship as a Dawning gift, but was told to give it to the ship's current owner, as Tyra no longer wished to travel the stars. She then listened to her old friend's concerns about the Guardians being blinded by the awakening of the Traveler and forgetting the lessons they learned from the loss of their Light.
- "Yes, I remember how to be an Iron Lord, Saladin. It's only been a few hundred years."
- "It is an honor to serve with you, Lord Guardian."
- "Light and peace, Lord Guardian."
- "Look to the future, Lord Guardian."
- "Greetings, Lord Guardian."
- "Well met, brave Titan."
- "Well met, wise Warlock."
- "Well met, keen Hunter."
- "Greetings, heir of Radegast."
- "Greetings, heir of Perun."
- "Greetings, heir of Skorri."
- "Jolder would have liked you, Titan. She loved nothing more than a good fight."
- "Strength in the Light. That is what matters in the Iron Banner."
- "The way forward is through the Iron Banner, but that may not always be true."
- "[Sigh] They are at peace. Now I can be as well."
- "This Iron Temple once rang with laughter... and Skorri's songs."
- "Oh, Radegast. I... am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me, too."
- "The Iron Banner is necessary. For now."
- "Welcome to the Iron Banner."
- "They'd be pleased to know they have inspired a new generation of Iron Lords, especially Silimar."
- "The Iron Lords fought for peace. But maybe fighting is not the only way to achieve it."
- "I will miss you all every day, but I will no longer grieve."
- "I'm glad I was here when the vault was opened—that I got to say goodbye."
- "Jolder wouldn't regret her death. She'd tell me not to regret my life."
- "Jolder would have been able to find the beauty in it. She always could."
- "The Traveler's gifts extend far beyond just weapons."
- "Serving the Iron Banner again will be good for me."
- "A thought, if I may? The Iron Lords thought we could use our strength to bring peace. Saladin still believes this. But perhaps, a peace born from violence is no peace at all."
- "If I had stayed, would it have been different? At least Saladin wouldn't have been so alone."
- "Saladin hasn't asked me where I was all those years."
- "Saladin was right. We needed to see this through."
- "[Mocking deep voice] Yes, I remember how to be an Iron Lord, Saladin... [Normal voice] It's only been a few hundred years."
- "Has Saladin ever mentioned the time I threw him into a Fallen Walker? No, he wouldn't. There's no dignity in that."
- "It may be hard to tell with him, but Saladin is very proud of you. The sorrow will always be there, but now he has joy again, too."
- "I do not know if Saladin will ever forgive me. But I hope he is able to forgive himself."
- "We Iron Lords, we thought ourselves queens and kings of a bright new age."
- "Yes, that is what Perun would do. But is it what I should do?"
- "With the Iron's Bane stopped, the best way to honor my friends is to look to the future."
- "[Laughter] If Gheleon could have seen that..."
- "Some advice Guardian: treasure your Ghost. I'm only alive today because my Ghost never gave up on me, and there were times she had reason to."
- "Let their sacrifice be a testament to the Iron Banner's strength."
- "In the Iron Banner, your Light is your greatest weapon."
- "There are some wounds that Light cannot heal, but that is alright. I will wear these scars with pride."
- "I am glad I was here when the vault was opened. When I got to say goodbye."
- "Oh, for a moment I thought you were Perun. You have the same eyes as her, the same fire."
- "Those you fought... They were not my friends. Not anymore."
- "Already you are preparing for another battle, I can tell. Is it the Devil Splicers again? Perhaps the Iron Banner can help you prepare."
- "This will not be the end of SIVA. Where else in the system might the Iron's Bane spread?"
- "The Fallen searched for gods in machines and found SIVA. They should have looked elsewhere"
- "SIVA is still a threat, a curse waiting to strike."
- "I pity the Devil Splicers. They found great power and could imagine no better use for it than warfare."
- "The battle against the Devil Splicers is won. But the City's war may never truly be over."
- "The best part of a long life: you'll learn a lot about yourself. The worst part? You'll learn a lot about yourself."
- "Light is far more than a weapon. I learned that the hard way."
- "If there is a chance to end SIVA for good, you must seize it."
- "Thank you for keeping SIVA out of Fallen hands."
- "The Splicers' false god was no match for your Light."
- "You know, I wasn't alone out in the black. I found other Guardians like myself. [incomplete]"
- "Strange to think at one point even we were looked at as false gods. Perhaps there is hope for the Fallen yet."
- "The snow will melt, I can feel the sun on my face. I'm glad I came back."
- "This chapter draws to a close, but soon another will begin."
- "The burden never grows lighter, but you will grow stronger."
- "Take your time, listen to your Light."
- "In the name of the Iron Banner..."
- "Your diligence has brought peace...however long it lasts."
- "Fighting the Devil Splicers was necessary. You did well."
- "I am here."
- "What do you seek?"
- "If you must fight, fight with honor."
- "Be safe."
- "Light and peace go with you."
- "It was an honor."
- "Until we meet again."
- "So be it."
- "Take care of yourself."
- "Farewells are a necessary part of life."
List of appearances
- Rise of Iron (First appearance)
- Destiny 2 (Mentioned only)
- IGN: DESTINY: RISE OF IRON - NEW IRON BANNER CUTSCENE, LOCATION, BOUNTIES - DESTINY: RISE OF IRON
- Gamerant: Destiny: Rise of Iron New Story Details Surface
- Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Cosmos Shell
- Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard
- Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, A History of Starlight