Ace of Spades
- "Don't play your hand unless you're sure you have that ace in the hole."
- —Weapon Description
Ace of Spades is a Hunter-exclusive exotic Hand Cannon introduced in The Taken King. It is obtained by reaching Rank 3 Gunsmith reputation with a Hunter and completing the Back in the Saddle quest.
The Ace of Spades is a Hunter-specific Hand Cannon that fits into the mid-impact archetype. The weapon has 12 bullets in the magazine and is capable of clearing entire rooms of enemies without reloading using the Maverick perk, which reloads one bullet from the reserves after a precision kill.
The Ace of Spades rewards precision kills with two main bonuses: With Firefly, all precision kills become explosive shots that do damage to nearby enemies. With Maverick, precision kills grants a bullet from your ammo reserve into the magazine. Both these perks are more useful against groups of weaker enemies, as they will not activate as frequently with stronger enemies who require multiple shots to bring down, possibly meaning that a player can expend all their ammo without reloading at all.
- Third Eye: Radar stays active while aiming down this weapon's sights.
- Accurized Ballistics: More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Field Choke: More range and impact. Increased recoil.
- Linear Compensator: More predictable recoil. Slight boosts to range and impact. More recoil.
- Feeding Frenzy: Kills with this weapon increase reload speed for a short time.
- Perfect Balance: This weapon has extremely low recoil.
- Field Scout: Increases carried ammo capacity.
- Flared Magwell: Reload this weapon even faster.
- Maverick: Precision kills move one round from your ammo reserves into the magazine.
- In folklore, the ace of spades is traditionally known as The Death Card due to its long tradition with war.
- The Hunter Vanguard representative Cayde-6 is seen wielding the Ace of Spades in the official Destiny 2 trailer, killing Cabal while hip-firing like a Last Word.