From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "One day, you will mold the world to your liking, dear brother, as I always have."
- — Queen Mara Sov
Ager's Scepter is an Exotic Stasis Trace Rifle crafted by Mara and Osana Sov. The weapon is capable of carving through reality to create pathways and was intended for Prince Uldren Sov of the Reef as a means for him to unite the outer edges of the Reef's territory through the Ley Lines of the Ascendant Plane. However, Mara did not believe he was ready for such a weapon and hid it away in the Dozmary Vault until he proved himself worthy. It was eventually acquired by The Guardian after being given a quest from Queen Mara to retrieve it.
True to its intended purpose, Ager's Scepter is the only weapon that could destroy certain parts of terrain in the Shattered Realm, clearing the way to more of the secrets hidden within the area.
With the release of The Witch Queen, Ager's Scepter is now obtainable only via the Monument To Lost Lights in the Tower, as the Shattered Realm and other associated activities in Season of the Lost have been vaulted.
- Ager's Call: Final blows with this weapon generate a slowing burst around the defeated target.
- Arrowhead Brake: Lightly vented barrel. Greatly controls recoil. Increases handling speed.
- Particle Repeater: Constrains recoil for every bolt. Increases stability.
- Rega's Refrain: Stasis final blows transfer ammo to this weapon's magazine from reserves.
- Hand-Laid Stock: This weapon is optimized for recoil control. Increases stability.
The catalyst for Ager's Scepter can be obtained as a random drop from playlist activities. Completion of the catalyst objectives can be obtained through the following actions:
- Defeat combatants while using this weapon to unlock this upgrade.
- Defeating combatants with precision damage will unlock this objective faster.
The catalyst, once completed, will grant the Will Given Form trait:
- [Alternate Weapon Action] : Drain Super energy, overflowing the magazine and empowering the beam with bonus damage and the ability to slow and freeze targets until the magazine or Super energy runs out, or the weapon is stowed. Can only be activated when Super energy is full.
Mara Sov watched her brother imitate a swooping bird as he entertained a semicircle of children. They flocked to him as if the stories he spun were confections.
Uldren lurched to his feet—his shadow casting a heroic pose against a canopy of towering Baryon trees—and thrust a slender blade into the air.
"Straight through the storm!" he howled as Awoken children shrieked with laughter and applause. "That's right. The two kestrels were like blades sailing on the wind," he said, sheathing the fine steel. "As long as they were together, nothing could stop them."
Mara turned to survey the Awoken flotilla anchored deep within their borders, suspended around a floating starport. Soon they would disembark. This night was for revelry. For families to enshrine in their memories should loved ones fail to return. In the morning, Saturn waited.
Far-off asteroids groaned like thunder, sending the children into a frenzy of gasps.
"Sounds like Ager's having another battle," Uldren said, stepping onto a bench to get a better view. He brought a hand to his brow, as if sighting an advancing stormfront.
A young Awoken child, no older than six, stood. Uldren watched the worry well in her eyes.
"Is he okay? Can you see them fighting?"
"Oh yes," Uldren answered. "Come here."
The child stepped forward.
"If I'm not mistaken, your name is Erith, isn't it?" Uldren asked. The girl nodded, awestruck. Uldren pulled a looking glass from his belt and placed it in her hand. "Look where I'm pointing."
Erith followed the prince's direction to a spot in the sky that flashed with color.
"I see Ager!" she proclaimed proudly. "I see Rega!"
Uldren patted her shoulder and smiled. "As long as the two of them are together, nothing can stop them. Just like us. Stand with your cousins, and you'll be all right."
Mara met his eyes and stepped forward. "That's enough. The prince has a long journey in the morning, and he must rest. Run along now."
Once the children were beyond eyesight, Mara's expression shifted to a glare. "These stories…" She leaned into Uldren. "Stop filling their heads with nonsense."
- The Ager's Call trait, referring to the explosion created upon defeating targets with the Scepter as "slowing" bursts, is a misnomer per Bungie's official definition of terms related to Stasis debuffs. As every burst applies a full 100 stacks of the "slow" debuff caused by Stasis and thus freezes them instantly, it would be more accurate to call them "freezing" bursts.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2: Season of the Lost (First appearance)