Legend of Acrius
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
"In the Cabal legend, a hero seeks to possess the sun. He succeeds. Then, he becomes Emperor. The Cabal… are not a subtle people." —Tyra Karn
That really is the entire myth. A Cabal named Acrius desires the sun, and he takes it and becomes the first Emperor of the Cabal. Other scholars have already noted the parallels and differences with our own ancient Earth myth of Icarus, which famously has a far more humbling ending. I am more interested in how Cabal leaders throughout history have deployed this legend as a rhetorical and political justification for conquest. Among the most relevant such figures is Dominus Ghaul himself, who appears to have a personal affinity for the Acrius myth. I must also note here that, while linguistic analysis of the Cabal language and its many dialects is incomplete, they do not appear to have a word for the concept of “hubris.” —Research notes of Tyra Karn
It is a wieldable version of the Cabal Slug Shotgun, dealing an incredible amount of damage from longer ranges than normal at the expense of having a very limited magazine size. The Legend of Acrius is available after completing the Red War campaign and the Adventure Invitation from the Emperor, after which an exotic quest begins that requires the player to kill Cabal on Nessus, then complete the Leviathan raid. This weapon can be upgraded further to unlock more perks by completing more challenges.
- The Emperor's Pleasure - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Legend of Acrius.
- Warbeast Skin - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Legend of Acrius.
- Shock Blast - This weapon fires blasts of high-damage Arc energy that overpenetrates enemies.
- Full Bore - Barrel optimized for distance.
- Greatly increases range
- Decreases stability
- Slightly decreases handling speed
- Accurized Rounds - This weapon can fire longer distances.
- Increases range
- Long March - Detect enemies on your radar from farther away.
- Fitted Stock - This stock makes the weapon stable but heavy.
- Increases stability
- Moderately controls recoil
- Slightly decreases handling speed 
- Acrius Catalyst - Grants Deeper Pockets, increasing its magazine size to six shots, as well as dramatically increasing its reload speed.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
- This weapon and Skyburner's Oath are the only two weapons that are not City made Exotic weapons, with the two coming from the Cabal.
- This weapon bears significant resemblance to the Cabal Slug Shotgun commonly used by Red Legion soldiers.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)