- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
Borealis' rounds are charged with Light, and can be switched between Arc, Solar, and Void Energy upon reloading.
- The Fundamentals - Holding the reload button changes this weapon's damage between Solar, Arc, and Void.
- Corkscrew Rifling - Balanced barrel.
- Slightly increases range and stability.
- Slightly increases handling speed.
- Extended Mag - This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
- Greatly increases magazine size.
- Greatly decreases reload speed.
- Ionic Return - Breaking an enemy shield transfers one bullet from reserves to the magazine, and does double damage if used against an enemy or guardian in their super of that energy type.
- Hand-Laid Stock - This weapon is optimized for recoil control.
- Increases stability
LIGHT IS A SPECTRUM. WHY LIMIT YOURSELF TO A SINGLE HUE?
"Project Borealis's onboard systems contain a pocket energy matrix capable of changing its alignment in a near instant to mimic the spectral frequencies of mapped energy types. The science is groundbreaking, but volatile. We're lucky to have this first, stable model available for active combat use. More will surely come, but for now, the Borealis is the only one of its kind that I trust for real world application."
"If the internal matrix misaligns for any reason during its shift between outputs-- damage, wear, a flaw in its production-- the resulting feedback could be [REDACTED]."
"That bad, huh?"
"If your definition of 'bad' includes the [REDACTED] then yes, 'bad' begins to describe it."
A Hunter making use of the Borealis.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)