From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "The final stand is wherever I plant my feet. Not one step more."
- — Saint-14
Bastion is an Exotic fusion rifle in the Kinetic slot. It was introduced in Season of Dawn and was available to owners of the Season Pass via the quest Memento. It originally belonged to Saint-14, but was stolen by Reysk after Saint's disappearance. It was eventually reclaimed by Young Wolf. Bastion's aesthetics are meant to match Saint-14's general look.
Originally the reward of the Corridors of Time community-quest, during Season of Arrivals, it became purchasable from Master Rahool for 100,000 Glimmer, 200 Etheric Spiral, 3 Enhancement Prisms, and an Exotic Cipher.
- Saint's Fists: Charge to fire 3 spreads of Kinetic slugs. (Intrinsic)
- Hammer-Forged Rifling: Increases range
- Liquid Coils: Slower-building charge for higher damage.
- Breakthrough: This weapon fires [Stagger] staggering projectiles. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Composite Stock: Slightly increases stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
You are a bastion of hope for all who are lost in darkness.
Let this consecrated armament offer protection in times of trial,
strength when you feel most alone,
and guidance when there are no roads.
Your Light will shine on to lead our people into peace.
Let this be a symbol of our dedication to their future.
Know that I am proud.
The epitaph is barely readable, appearing to have been scraped almost clean from the frame. Below the stricken words, five hash-marks are engraved into the weapon. A small etching in Eliksni reads:
"dead… little… thieves…"
- Bastion is the second fusion rifle, linear or otherwise, to be in the Kinetic slot, the first being Arbalest.
- Bastion was noted as being a strong Crucible contender in its introductory period to the game. Subsequent balance changes made it fall out of favor, such as decreasing its capacity to be controlled during its triple burst.
List of appearances