From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "According to official Vanguard policy, this weapon does not exist."
- — Weapon Description
Crimson is an exotic kinetic hand cannon that appears in Destiny 2 as part of its Curse of Osiris expansion. Built in the same fashion as the notorious Red Death Pulse Rifle, Crimson fires in three round bursts, and regenerates health for the user after a kill. Additionally, the main perk for Crimson reloads the weapon instantly after getting a precision kill.
According to official Vanguard policy, this weapon does not exist.
"This is crazy! You don't need this thing. I can heal you; that's my whole job."
"I thought your job was to state the obvious."
"Oh, come on. Ever since you found me, it's been, 'Watch out, Fallen ahead!' when they're right in front of me. Or, my favorite: 'Seems like the door's locked.' Is it? Really? I couldn't tell. And when it's not that, you say I need to be more self-sufficient in case we lose the Light again. So here's my answer. Here's the remedy."
"I was just trying to help."
Crimson is a unique handcannon in its 3-burst firing pattern. Upon a kill, player health is replenished by 40 points, and reloads the magazine if this was a precision kill.
- Silver Bullet - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Crimson.
- Iridescent Death - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Crimson.
- Black Death - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Crimson.
- Alhidade - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Crimson.
- Column 1: Banned Weapon This weapon fires a 3-round burst.
- Column 2: Smallbore Dual strength barrel. Increases range.Increases stability.
- Column 3: Accurized Rounds This weapon can fire longer distances. Increases range.
- Column 4: Cruel Remedy Kills with this weapon heal the wielder. Precision kills also refill the magazine.
- Column 5: Heavy Grip This grip is weighted for recoil control. Increases stability. Decreases handling speed.
The Crimson Masterwork Catalyst can be randomly dropped from enemies in PvE.
To upgrade to the full Crimson Masterwork, the player must score 300 precision kills with Crimson.
The completed catalyst grants the Weapon +20 range.
- Crimson is so far the only hand cannon in the Destiny franchise which fires a three-round burst.
- Appearance-wise, Crimson bears a strong resemblance to the Red Death Pulse rifle.
List of appearances